Premarital Counseling

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What is the right age to plan for a baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old woman and I am likely to get married by next year. As I will be 29 by the time I get married, should I plan to have a baby right after marriage? Or can I take some time? My fiance is not keen to plan a baby right after marriage. He is also 28 now and we want to enjoy a...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to We are here to help you. It is definitely advisable to plan a baby before you get 30. However, these days most people get married late and plan baby accordingly. So, it is not you should plan baby as soon as you get married. It is always advisable to plan a baby at least...  Read Full »

I want some premarital advice. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old and soon I am going to get married. My doubts are, what are the birth control methods I can follow. What precaution should I follow for short-term and long-term birth control? May I know the difficulties which a girl face during her periods? I have no idea about that. S...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read and understood your problem. Regarding birth control, you can use a condom or your wife can use oral contraceptive pill OCP. There are several brands having no major difference so use easily available one. These are the two best suitable for newlyweds. It ...  Read Full »

As I am going to get married, kindly guide me with your expertise advise.

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 25. My height is 180 cm and weight 84 kg. I am going to get married in the next six months. What should be the frequency of sex after marriage? My penis is about 11 cm while erect. Is it normal? What is average intercourse time? I can only hold up to 3 minutes. Is it normal? ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Sex frequency is not fixed, but the average should be twice weekly. It should depend on both partners wish. Timing of sexual intercourse of 3 minutes is also within normal limit. It will increase when you will perform sexual intercourse regularly. Erect penis of 11 cm i...  Read Full »

Fiancee and I have the same blood group. Will it affect our married life?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee and I have the same blood group. Will it affect our married life? I will be happy if you explain this to me.  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to There is no harm in marrying a girl with the same blood group as you. Everyone is born with a certain blood type that is either Rh positive or Rh negative. Rh-positive blood is more common than Rh-negative. There is no problem if you marry a partner with the same blo...  Read Full »

Will our blood group combination create a problem at the time of conceiving?

Query: Hello doctor,I am going to marry next month. Actually, problem is, I have A +ve blood group and she has B -ve blood group. So, I want to know, will this blood group combination create a problem at a time of conceiving to the mother and the fetus in the future?  Read Full »

Dr. Parth R Goswami

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You are having a positive group and your wife is having a negative group. So, in the first pregnancy, it will not create any problem in the mother or child. But, sensitization to Rh antigen can occur and mother forms antibody against Rh D antigen. If she conceives f...  Read Full »

Please advise on premarital health check up for males.

Query: Hello doctor, Please provide second advice on reports. I would like to know if any other tests I should undergo apart from the existing ones.  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please share your history or complaints. Regards. For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online -->  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.