Q. How to cure premature ejaculation?

Dr. Hitesh Sharma
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 32 years old married male. Since two years I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I tried to control it, but did not get better result. My wife is very much unsatisfied. How to cure this issue?

#

As you know that the first thing in medicine is establishing a diagnosis which is correct. So, I would like to ask you a few questions.

• Did you consult a psychiatrist before this consultation for your problem?
  • Since when have you been married? Was this problem since marriage? Or there was a time of normality between marriage and start of this problem?
  • If there was a time of normality then what was its duration? Is erection proper?
  • What is the frequency of intercourse? Do you have this problem of premature ejaculation every time you do sexual intercourse?
  • Do you suffer from any medical or psychiatric problem? If yes then what and since when?
  • Are there any medications which you are taking? If yes what and since when?
  • What is the approximate time you take to ejaculate after penetration? Do you feel tense or anxious during sexual intercourse?
  • How is your general health and nutritional status? Are you addicted to any substances?
  • Do you have any family history of medical or psychiatric problem?

Revert back with the answers for the above questions to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thanks for your immediate response doctor. I like to answer your questions briefly. I did not consult to any psychiatrist before regarding this. I had bad habits of masturbating before. But I have a control over this for the past one year. I got married before six months. During excitement these things happen quickly. Ejaculation duration is mostly three to four minutes. After it I feel very weak. Also, after from toilet I usually feel very uncomfortable. I am getting very much excited and anxious during my intercourse. I cannot concentrate properly to my healthy sex life. Erection is also not sufficient after foreplay. I am 32 years old with 65 kg weight and 5.9 inch tall man. My private organ is not completely strong for a long duration. So, I cannot make my partner satisfy. Even I am not taking any medicine for this issue. I am unhappy with me and losing my confidence day by day. No, I do not have any issue before and no family issues too. My diet is average. As I am working in construction field and so my diet plans are as according to my duty hours. Please suggest me the best way to overcome this and also the best medicine for this.

#

• It seems that your problem is due to anxiety during sexual intercourse. I am going to write certain medications. Take them as recommended with consent of your specialist doctor after physical examination and you will be fine.
  • Tablet Nexito 5 mg (Escitalopram) one tablet in the morning and one at night. Tablet Lonazep MD 0.25 mg (Clonazepam) one tablet SOS (as and when necessary) for five days.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|