Q. How to cure premature ejaculation,erectile dysfunction and lack of sexual urge?

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan
Published on Oct 12, 2019

I am suffering from premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and lack of sexual urge. I am newly married and thus living a very distressing life. How can it be cured? Can it be curable? Please help.

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

Preventive Medicine
#

I can understand that premature ejaculation can be a very serious problem for a newly married couple.

Premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and lack of sexual urge are all three different problems. Most of the problems can be overcome by simple techniques. Try to have a good amount of intimacy with your patner, which is called foreplay before going for intercourse. Stop smoking if you are one. Try an exercise like running, lower abdomen, and leg exercise. It helps. Talk with your partner and try different options. If nothing works, then do meet a doctor for some investigations. It can be cured.

Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old male with a height of 5 feet 6 inches and a weight of 78 kg. I have been on Eltroxin 100 mcg and Amloz 5 mg for two years for hypothyroidism. I am feeling fatigued and have an intense appetite. I have lost fertility for the last one year. My ESR value is 41. I also ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) report is not available. So kindly review the TSH report again. Coming to ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) at 41, it need not ...  Read Full

Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Population

Article Overview: Erectile dysfunction is a condition when the person is not able to achieve or maintain an erection adequately to have intercourse. It is common in diabetes patients. Diabetics are at a higher risk (three times more likely) of developing erectile dysfunction compared to non-diabetic people. At least half the diabetics develop erectile dysfunction and the risk increases with age. So, why does erectile dysfunction happen? Why does diabetes lead to impotence? Here we discuss why. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal
Diabetologist

Erectile dysfunction is a condition when the person is not able to achieve or maintain an erection adequately to have intercourse. It is common in diabetics. People with diabetes are not only at a higher risk (three times more likely compared to nondiabetic people) of developing erectile dysfunction...  Read Article

There is penile movement when I concentrate on my penis. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have semen in urine sometimes. While sitting or lying if I concentrate on my penis, I start having strokes. I cannot control in the flaccid position. While I do sit-ups there is a movement in the penis. It started from nightfall and my urge of not to masturbate. It is because of dep...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Lack of masturbation and lack of sex results in a spontaneous flow of semen via urine. This occurs in order to allow new sperm to form. This is a normal phenomenon and this does not cause any effects on health. This will not result in w...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now