Q. How to delay ejaculation. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. Suggest a cure for this.

Answered by
Dr. Duraisamy Palanisamy
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on Mar 15, 2017

Dear Doctor,

I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I want a permanent cure without having any side effects.

I bother taking pills for a long time. So, kindly suggest any other better way for me.

Dr. Duraisamy Palanisamy

Andrology Diabetology Sexology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Premature ejaculation is not a disease. Stress is the main cause. Kindly reply to the following questions:

  • What is your age?
  • How long have you been suffering?
  • Are you married?
  • Are you a smoker?
  • Do you consume alcohol?
  • What is your job nature?
  • What about your sleep?


My age is 26 years. I am married and do not smoke regularly. I smoke and drink occasionally. I do not drink often but once in a month. Also I have not had sex before marriage. I am unemployed.

Kindly suggest me anything that can cure me permanently. I also do not want to take permanent pills. Please help.

Dr. Duraisamy Palanisamy

Andrology Diabetology Sexology


  • You can take tablet Paroxetine 12.5mg, one tablet after food for a month at night. And apply Lignocaine jelly (Xylocaine) 2% in glans penis (head of penis) 10 minutes prior to the intercourse to delay ejaculation. The brand name is Parocin CR 12.5.
  • If it is effective then we have to reduce the dose. If not effective then, we can try another drug.
  • You do not bother about the side effects, and it has to be taken only for a few months.
  • Remember the final choice is sex therapy.

Revert back to a sexologist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why is my son put on Paroxetine in spite of having bad withdrawals previously?

Query: Hello doctor, My 28 year old son is being treated for bipolar disorder and depression. He has been on and off antidepressants since he was 16 years old due to high anxiety issues. He just started with 50 mg Serquiler one to two tablets at night, 600 mg Gabapentin thrice a day, 20 mg Paxil once a day...  Read Full »

I suffer from premature ejaculation. What has to be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from premature ejaculation. Kindly help.  Read Full »

As I am gaining weight with Paroxetine and Mirtazapine, shall I opt Zoloft?

Query: Hi doctor, I have OCD and bipolar depression. I am taking Paroxetine and Mirtazapine for OCD and sleep respectively. I am gaining too much weight. Can I switch to Zoloft?  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.