HomeAnswersSexologyerectile dysfunctionDoes excessive masturbation lead to erectile dysfunction?

I feel that my erectile dysfunction is due to excessive masturbation. Is it so?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 8, 2017
Reviewed AtFebruary 11, 2024

Patient's Query

I am very sad that my penis is not properly erecting, and my penis is getting small when not erect. I feel shy in front of my girlfriend. I think I have erectile dysfunction. I masturbate a lot, and my penis is large when erect, but small when not. From 6 to 7 months, I am ejaculating earlier, and my penis is not erecting fully. It is erect for a few second. Please help me with the cure and precautions. I am only 18 years old, and I weight 51 kg. Please suggest some natural ways to solve my problem.

I am facing this problem since six months. The problem started slowly and is increasing slowly. According to me, masturbation is the cause. Because of this problem, I had many failed sexual intercourses. I feel that masturbation increases the problem. I get a good erection if I do not masturbate for two to three days. I get early morning erection only when not masturbated last night. I have not consulted with anyone about this, and I do not have any psychiatric illness. I am a regular smoker, and I have a habit of masturbating 4 to 5 times a day.

• Masturbation is normal and does not cause physical problems or sexual problems. But 4 to 5 times masturbation a day is excessive. If you want to reduce it, you should involve yourself in studies, games, and hobbies. Also, try not to remain alone most of the time and avoid porn.
    • Stop smoking. If you are taking any medicine or nutritional supplement on regular basis, then it may be due to the side effect of that. So, relax and do exercise and you will be fine. You have no disease and only sexual anxiety. Slow down on masturbation.
    • For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Patient's Query

Do I need any tablet or medicine to cure my disease or it will be cured automatically? I think I have erectile dysfunction because I am ejaculating too early and my penis is not strongly erect.

• You are only 18, and at this age, the sexual problems are due to sexual anxiety only, and there is no real disease. Since you have no disease, you do not need any medicine. If you take any medicine or sex enhancing supplements, it will harm you. Do exercise, as it will boost your testosterone and endorphins improving your sex drive.
  1. Pull your muscles that you pull at the end of urination for few seconds, then release. Repeat this several times daily.
  2. Stop-start technique: When you feel that you are going to ejaculate, stop the sexual stimulation and divert your mind, the penis will relax. After some time, start the stimulation again and repeat the procedure.
  • Over few months, you will gradually increase your ejaculation time. You should involve yourself in studies, games, and hobbies. Also, try not to remain alone most of the time and avoid porn. I repeat you have no disease and as such, you do not need any medicine.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Patient's Query

Thank you for replying. You mean to say that I should masturbate till the stage of stimulation and not till the stage of ejaculation, right?

• You should masturbate till the stage of stimulation, not till the stage of ejaculation, then stop the stimulation for 1 to 2 minutes, after that, start again. Repeat the stop-start procedure as long as possible, ultimately after some time, you should ejaculate. Over months, you will learn to control ejaculation.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Sexology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy