Q. I am a chronic smoker, and I ejaculate within 30 seconds. Kindly help me.

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

My problem is premature ejaculation. Six months ago I got married. For four months, whenever I have sex with my wife, within 30 seconds, the ejaculation occurs. And now I am in depression. One more thing I smoke daily. Kindly help me.

#

I understand your concern and will help you out. Premature ejaculation is generally due to stress and anxiety rather than any physical deficiency. It is because of your higher expectations. You should try to divert your mind while having sex. You can talk more with your partner. This will help release performance anxiety. Try longer foreplay. You can excite her by fingering and clitoral stimulation. Another measure that can be effective is interrupting intercourse when you are about to ejaculate. Now using your thumb and index finger, you rub and squeeze your glans backward through your penis. After 15 seconds, restart intercourse. This will give you more time. Repeat this.

Weak pelvic floor muscles may reduce your capability to delay ejaculation. Kegel exercises can help strengthen these muscles. I suggest you watch a video on the internet regarding this.

While masturbating, when you are about to attain orgasm, hold it and then restart it after a while. Practicing this regularly will help you gain control. As a primary measure, I would like you to shift to a high protein diet (80 to 90 gm per day), including boiled eggs (if you are good with them). This should improve the situation.

Smoking harms a lot, and it is always difficult to quit, but it is certainly possible. I myself used to smoke, but after a continuous fight, I eventually quit. You can also quit.

Try these measures. If these do not work, we can start medication as well. It is best to try natural measures firstly.

Take care, and I hope this was helpful.

|