Q. I am type 2 diabetic and experiencing acute premature ejaculation. What is the treatment?

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Dec 21, 2019

I am 35 years old. I am a type 2 diabetic, totally controlled as lost 17 kg weight also recently. I am the father of a 5-year-old son. I have lived a healthy sexual life till now, but for the last three to four months I am facing acute premature ejaculation issues. I got my test done, testosterones is at 1.9%. Please advice. How to overcome this problem as soon as possible. I need the best possible cure at this age. It is tough to face my wife on bed and listen to taunts and getting high emotional pressures.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

There are many causes of premature ejaculation and low testosterone is one among them. But the value you have posted I am not understanding it. The value is 300 -1,000 ng/dL, but you have written as 1.9 %. Is it 1.9 ng/dl or 1.9% of normal value? Kindly let me know because the dosage of treatment will vary as per the result. Also, I need to know was any other tests done to find out the cause of premature ejaculation, if not get these tests done and revert back with reports:

1. Scrotal ultrasound,

2. Serum Prolactin,

3. FBS (fasting blood sugar),

4. PPBS (post-prandial blood sugar). I advise you to start doing Kegel's exercise every day. There are certain medications also but presently there is no need to start those. But you will require a testosterone supplement. The dosage will be told once you confirm the exact value of testosterone or it would be better if you can upload the report.

| 

150 is the testosterones level and all other tests were normal. Ultrasound was not advised that I can get it done. I did tried a few medicines from general physician nothing seemed to help. I am doing kegel's exercise for quite a long time but not helping. If possible please advise the medication for testosterone and also PE.

Dr. Divakara P

#

Yes, your testosterone is quite low and needs supplementation. Though there are oral forms of testosterone supplements I would prefer you to get injections as they work much better. Start injection Testosterone Cypionate 200 mg every two weeks once intramuscular for two months. Repeat serum testosterone after the last dose and revert back to me. Also, start tablet Fluoxetine 20 mg every night one hour before going to bed for two months. Continue doing Kegel exercise.

| 

I asked the chemist about this medicine, it is not available in my town. Can you give any alternative and also a medication that I can use before sex for delaying ejaculation, as my wife now avoids sex with me due to this reason?

Dr. Divakara P

#

Fluoxetine is available all over India, just enquire properly. But it is not for an urgent basis it takes time. But surely it will work.

There is one more drug called Dapoxetine which acts much faster than Fluoxetine. You can try this drug. Also, you can use Xylocaine gel over your penis once you get an erection. But this is a temporary solution, the tablets and Kegel exercise gives you long lasting solution.

| 

My testosterone level is low and I am facing erection issues. Shall I go for testosterone injection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35-year-old male weight 136 kgs and height 6 ft 1". My blood sugar is 160, HbA1c is 7.2. Testosterone is 153, free testosterone is 3.2. I am undergoing treatment for depression for which my medications are Qutipin 50 mg at night and Arip Mt 10 mg bd. I have consulted a sexologist ...  Read Full »

I have a premature ejaculation problem. Is it due to my masturbation habit?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a premature ejaculation problem. When I am doing foreplay with my girlfriend, it automatically gets ejaculated after four to five minutes. Is it due to my masturbation habit?  Read Full »

Would low testosterone affect erection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old. I never had sex and physically fit. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. My eating habit is healthy and I do not have much stress. I did my medical test three months back and found my testosterone level is below the minimum limit. I started eating vegetables and fruits, but...  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now