Q. I have premature ejaculation. How to stop it from happening?

Dr. Parth Singh
Published on Aug 16, 2018

I am having premature ejaculation. How can I stop it from happening? It is killing my sex life.

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

• Premature ejaculation is the commonest sexual problem among young males. Most commonly it is caused and associated with performance anxiety. When you are preoccupied with ideas of not staying enough in bed and or not satisfying your partner.
  • You should visit a psychiatrist and need to explain and explore your problem. Medicines like Paroxetine 20 mg during the day or Clomipramine 25 mg in the evenings are helpful. Take them under a doctor's supervision.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

I like to masturbate, but not sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have been married for 3.5 years now. I hardly feel to have sex with my wife. Sometimes, the gap will be more than a month. I masturbate almost on a daily basis and sometimes, twice or thrice in a day after watching porn. I am somehow addicted to it and not able to st...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now