Q. Last year when I had intercourse, I ejaculated so fast. Will Dapoxetine be effective?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I am a 25 years old male in a relationship for the past six years. And I will be married soon. Last year, the first time we tried to get a little intimate. But it did not last for even for two minutes. I thought it happened due to first-time tension. But after that, we tried so many times, and the result is the same. Till now, whenever I try to enter, I ejaculate so fast. So no penetration to date and many times it just comes out simply during foreplay itself.

Healthwise, I am average, and my fiancee fully supports me during the act, but we are still far from real intercourse. And now, I am a little worried about the upcoming marriage life.

I also read about the generic medicine "Dapoxetine." Please suggest your valuable advice to bring my sexual life on track, which is not yet started.

#

Thanks for posting a query.

After reading your brief narration of the problem, I am convinced that you have premature ejaculation. You might be knowing that the reason in the majority of cases is psychological. I need to know a few more details before making any firm conclusion.

First of all,

• How long are you facing this problem?
  • How long you last during masturbation before one year and now?
  • Are you suffering from any medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, or any other neurological disorders in the recent past?
  • Do you have a proper erection?

Regarding Dapoxetine, you are right that it is used for premature ejaculation. As it is a prescription drug, you need to get a prescription from a psychiatrist or sexologist. In my view, before going to drug trials, a good attempt at psychotherapy and exercise should be made. I can assure you that it is treatable and nothing to worry and for further management of your problem, you are welcome. Thanks.

| 

How to handle premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I ejaculate within 20 seconds of penetration. Is it curable? Suggest me some medicines for the same.  Read Full »

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now