Q. Please explain whether neurological disorder affects ejaculation.

Dr. Rajyaguru
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2020

I am struggling with severe PE with IELT of 10 seconds or less. I cannot control during masturbation too. I am a 35 year old unmarried male. My physical health is good. Also, I do not think that my problem is a psychological one. My question is, whether neurological disorders affect ejaculation? If yes, then what are the symptoms? Which specialist should I meet to diagnose my problem?

#

• Your question is valid. There are many neurological conditions that can present with PE (premature ejaculation).
  • Ejaculation is actually a reflex being controlled at spinal level. So, disease like multiple sclerosis, which affects the white areas of cord and spinal cord injuries can present with PE.
  • Penile hypersensitivity can also lead to PE. You can use condoms to reduce penile sensitivity.
  • But, as you said you have no other symptoms, so I do not think your PE is neurological.
  • If the serum testosterone levels are normal for you and you do not have any other neurological symptoms, then your PE is mostly because of autonomic system imbalance, which can be very well corrected by meditation, but that may take a while to work.
  • Meanwhile, I suggest tablet Tramadol approximately 2 hours before sex, which delays ejaculation. Some people have nausea as a side effect of it. 

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

Would low testosterone affect erection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old. I never had sex and physically fit. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. My eating habit is healthy and I do not have much stress. I did my medical test three months back and found my testosterone level is below the minimum limit. I started eating vegetables and fruits, but...  Read Full »

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

Does BPA overexposure cause problems with erection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old and have recently been having problem with erection and loss of sexual energy. These symptoms started about two months ago and have been slowly getting worse. There are several factors that I believe are contributing to this, but one in particular is exposure to BPA. I...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»