Q. Every three weeks to a month, I have one day where I throw up from the morning until night. Why?

Dr. Artur Holubka
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 10, 2020

About every 3 weeks to every month I have one day where I throw up from the morning until night. Like every 30 min im in the bathroom throwing up and it just gets to me throwing up stomach acid because I have nothing left. Today is one of those days and I don’t know what to do to make my stomach feel better and to stop throwing up. This has happened five times before. I am on birth control pills.

#

Hello! I can safely assume Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), or premenstrual tension syndrome, premenstrual illness, cyclic syndrome, - a complex cyclical symptom complex that occurs in some women in premenstrual days (2-10 days before menstruation) and characterized by psychoemotional, vegetative and metabolic and endocrine disorders, which, in turn, negatively affect a woman's usual lifestyle. A role in the manifestation of symptoms PMS plays with provoking factors such as childbirth and abortion, neuropsychic stress, infectious diseases or hormonal imbalances that could arise as a result of taking contraceptives. It must be remembered that a woman's menstrual cycles are directly related to the ovaries and, accordingly, with estrogens. The most active hormone of the group estrogens - estradiol, synthe sized in the follicles, the other two estrogens, which are derivatives of estradiol, are synthesized in adrenal glands and placenta. During the menstrual cycle, these hormones induce proliferation endometrium and vaginal epithelium, as well as increased mucus secretion by the cervical glands. In addition, the secretion of estrogen stimulates the manifestation of secondary sexual characteristics in women, enlargement of the mammary glands during pregnancy, the synthesis of a number of transport proteins and regulates luteinizing hormone and gonadoliberin. Progesterone, in turn, is produced corpus luteum of the ovary, placenta and adrenal glands. It is formed in the second half of the menstrual cycle, acting on the endometrium and inducing the secretion of mucus. Just like estrogen, progesterone is responsible for the enlargement of a woman's mammary glands during pregnancy. Contraceptives affect these processes, which means they were able to change the cycle. You have a picture of PMS characteristic of the cephalgic form of premenstrual syndrome, headaches, irritability, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, hypersensitivity to smells and sounds, depression, heart pain, engorgement of the mammary glands, numbness of the hands, sweating. The headache in this form of the disease is pulsating, twitching and begins in the temporal lobe. You have manifested itself only with vomiting. In terms of prevalence, this form takes second place and occurs in about 20% of women suffering from the syndrome. Most often observed in patients of early and late reproductive age. The treatment is simple. But patience is needed. All the best for you! If you liked my answer, I will be grateful for the feedback and assessment of my work. If you want to continue working further - we can help you with a consultation. Regards, Dr. Artur Holubka

For a competent understanding, I recommend that you take a complete hormonal panel (estradiol, FLG, LTG, prolactin), a complete blood count and blood biochemistry with electrolytes, and urine albumin.

Side effect of contraceptives

| 

What happens to the brain during the menstrual period?

Query: Hello doctor, What would be the fascinating thing that happens to our brain during the period? And how does the brain respond to a woman's menstrual cycle?  Read Full »

How Does Vitamin B3 Help Women During PMS?

Article Overview: There are thousands of women all around the world who are suffering from premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and looking for appropriate treatment. This article explains the role and exact dosage of vitamin B3 in PMS. Read Article

Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Some researches show that premenstrual syndrome (PMS) occurs due to some mineral and vitamin deficiency. Vitamin B3 is also referred as niacin and also as nicotinic acid. Metabolism is primarily regulated by vitamin B3. It also helps to maintain sex and stress hormones.  PMS means premenstrual...  Read Article

What is the solution for PMS and painful period?

Query: Hi doctor, I am asking you on behalf of my friend. Here are the symptoms, which she had around three to seven days before bleeding. All symptoms of PMS along with occasional migraine with glaucoma, nausea, pain in the lower part of spine and cramps. On the first day of bleeding, she is having pain...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»