Q. Does vomiting sensation after unprotected intercourse mean pregnancy?

I had unprotected intercourse with my partner a month back. I did not ejaculate inside her. Later to be sure, she did a home pregnancy test after 21 days, it came negative. Since yesterday, she is having vomiting sensation, not able to eat anything, light stomach cramps and light fever. She did pregnancy test today morning again; it came negative. We are confused and worried if she is pregnant. She has PCOD also. She had her last periods 45 days back. Do we have to go for a blood test?

#

The best way to rule out pregnancy conclusively is serum beta HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test if she has not had her menses yet. If the HCG levels are less than 3mIU/ml, then she is not pregnant for sure. The delay in menses is then likely to be due to PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) itself. An ultrasound pelvis would be required to confirm the diagnosis and then a withdrawal bleed can be opted for with progesterones to initiate a bleed.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist onlline --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|