Q. What can be done for age-related hearing loss?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

My 68 year old mother has a hearing problem. I understand it is due to her age but is there any device which can enhance the hearing in her case?

#

• There are various causes for hearing problems. Among them, the most common one is an age-related hearing loss known as presbycusis. If hearing loss is significant and confirmed by an audiological examination such as pure tone audiogram, she can use hearing aids.
  • Hearing aids are available in various types depending on the area where they are applied and depending on the technology used.
  • You should first consult a nearby ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist and then consult an audiologist for more information.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|