Q. What is the advisable time to take probiotics?

Dr. Alka

When should I take probiotics?

Do you have a question on Probiotics or Diarrhea?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Alka

BACHELOR OF AYURVEDIC MEDICINE AND SURGERY(B.A.M.S)., MASTERS IN HEALTHCARE SERVICES

I just read your query. You can take probiotics in the following conditions:

The most common indication is when you have been suffering from diarrhea because it may cause a disturbance in the normal intestinal environment and also loss of normal gut flora. When you take antibiotics because antibiotics along with disease-causing bacteria also harm normal bacteria up to some extent. If you are suffering from a condition like gingivitis because it can also disturb your oral flora.

Also Read Answers From: Probiotics Diarrhea

Why am I having diarrhea following constipation for a long time?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having a slightly upset stomach with bloating for the past four months. I thought I had a bug. Two weeks later, it seemed much better. However, my bowel movements did not return to normal. I had mostly constipation for about a month (even though my stomach did not feel as upset anym...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history fits into the acid peptic disease. I do not find any sign of cancer over here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend you the following. A combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once daily for a few days. A good probiotic, t...  Read Full

Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea (AAD)
Article Overview: Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is the passing of watery stools after taking antibiotics. It results from infection by antibiotic-resistant pathogens.  Read Article
Dr. Geethu Thomas

The consequences of long-term antibiotic administration are diarrhea, antibiotic resistance, impaired immunity, increased cost of treatment, organ failures and deaths and reduction in beneficial phytoestrogens. Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is unexplained diarrhea associated with the use of a ...  Read Article

Ask a Doctor Now