Q. How to correct my teeth problem?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2020

I would like to know the ways to fix my teeth and make them better. Please explain.

#

Kindly ask your question in detail with your exact problem, so that I can answer your doubts to my best.

Revert back with more details to a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

I have attached the photos of my teeth. Please explain me how to correct them. Also, how to maintain them clean? What are the options available?

#

I saw all your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the pictures, I have prepared a treatment plan, which can be used to go about while seeing your dentist for a good smile.

• On your lower left side, there are three teeth which need restorations. First two premolar teeth have cavities, which can be restored with tooth colored composite material. The first molar, which has a large filling, can be permanently restored by asking your dentist to do root canal treatment for it and placing a ceramic crown over it.
  • Sometimes, your dentist may suggest that the ceramic crown can be placed without doing root canal treatment. Then you can go accordingly as it depends on the depth of the cavity and that can be seen only after getting an x-ray done.
  • On the lower right side, there is a root stump. You either have to get it removed or if there is a good healthy root (according to the x-ray) you can save it by asking your dentist to do root canal treatment for it, put a fiber post inside the root to build a crown and then place a crown over it.
  • If he says that the tooth cannot be saved, then extract it and then place a ceramic bridge over it utilizing the teeth in front and back of it.
  • The molar teeth at the back of the root stump on the lower right side can be restored fully by placing a ceramic cap over it.
  • The upper last molar or wisdom tooth on the left side has to be removed if there is any pain or difficulty as it is a root stump and cannot be saved.
  • The upper two teeth on both right and left side behind the canine teeth, has much yellowish discoloration which is not clear in the picture. if it is just calculus deposits and stains, then they can be removed by doing teeth scaling procedure and teeth whitening. If they are enamel hypoplasia, then the only method to correct it is placing ceramic caps over it too.
  • The total treatment will be a bit costly, but after doing all this you will have a very good teeth and a good smile.
  • It is always better to get your teeth cleaned by a dentist every six months, so that stains, calculus deposits can be reduced and will prevent further damage or cavities.
  • If you can take a full mouth x-ray and post it, then it will be more helpful.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|