Q. When I bite, both sides teeth do not come in contact at the same time. Please help.

Dr. Tinu Thampy
This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2021

About 2.5 years ago I put extreme pressure on my back teeth by mistake, and they are now slightly pushed into my gums. Just a week ago, I noticed my upper right wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it were growing a bit crooked, so I decided to move them back myself gradually. I started getting a toothache in those teeth accompanied with migraines on that side. My teeth have begun loosening, and the gums are swollen, but it is not hurting. The teeth are starting to tighten up now, but they feel slightly numb, they are still sensitive to pain, though. Now my left upper molar has started getting the same symptoms. One more thing, the teeth on the right side have been pushed a little further than my left, which has resulted in the left side of my teeth touching before my right side. Could this cause the pain in my left upper molar? I am scared that I will lose my teeth.

#

• I feel you have to get a full check up done of your upper and lower jaw.
  • Upper right wisdom tooth erupts between 17 to 25 years. But, if there is no space for it to erupt then they come out crooked. Pain can also result if the wisdom tooth is not erupting in the normal path. Better get the right and left upper wisdom tooth extracted.
  • I suggest you get a CT scan or CBCT of the upper jaw to rule out any pathology.
  • Both side upper teeth should touch the lower teeth together when you bite. Otherwise, you will have TM (temporomandibular) joint problems. If there is no pathology with your upper jaw, then take a TMJ view radiograph, to check the position and movement of joint.

Revert with more information to a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|