Q. I noticed an itchy, raised and hard lesion on my scalp. What is that?

Dr. Shalini Patodiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 13, 2021

I noticed a scalp lesion two months ago. It is a bit scaly if scratched, hard and raised. I would like to peel it off, but it is not getting removed. But, I did not notice any hair loss. Other than a little bit of itching of the scalp, there is no issue.

#

It can be scalp psoriasis or warts.

Please send me a photo to diagnose the condition and suggest you treatment.

Revert with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Please see the photos attached. Thank you.

#

This does not look like psoriasis or wart. It looks like prurigo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Prurigo is an itchy nodule. The more you itch, the more it worsens.

I suggest you the following treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

1. Apply Topisal-S 6% lotion (Clobetasol and Salicylic acid) every night.
  2. Tablet Levosiz (Levocetirizine) once daily.

This should resolve the lesion within two weeks. Please try not to scratch.

Revert after two weeks to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Are you sure that it is not a ringworm or any other fungal infection?

#

Fungal infections of the scalp are uncommon at this age and also they look different. I am sure that it is not ringworm or fungal infection.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|