Q. I noticed an itchy, raised and hard lesion on my scalp. What is that?

Dr. Shalini Patodiya
Published on Jan 14, 2017

I noticed a scalp lesion two months ago. It is a bit scaly if scratched, hard and raised. I would like to peel it off, but it is not getting removed. But, I did not notice any hair loss. Other than a little bit of itching of the scalp, there is no issue.

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology
#

It can be scalp psoriasis or warts.

Please send me a photo to diagnose the condition and suggest you treatment.

Revert with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Please see the photos attached. Thank you.

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

#

This does not look like psoriasis or wart. It looks like prurigo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Prurigo is an itchy nodule. The more you itch, the more it worsens.

I suggest you the following treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

1. Apply Topisal-S 6% lotion (Clobetasol and Salicylic acid) every night.
  2. Tablet Levosiz (Levocetirizine) once daily.

This should resolve the lesion within two weeks. Please try not to scratch.

Revert after two weeks to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Are you sure that it is not a ringworm or any other fungal infection?

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

#

Fungal infections of the scalp are uncommon at this age and also they look different. I am sure that it is not ringworm or fungal infection.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Apart from getting injections, what treatments are available for seborrheic dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, Eight years ago, a car wreck shattered the windshield, and my head got injured with pieces of glass. They did not take the glass out, and I have also been dying my hair since I was 16. I developed fibromyalgia from the wreck, which is supposed to be relatively non-progressive, however ...  Read Full »