Q. I have unilateral ptosis. Is there any cream or non-surgical way to cure it?

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Hi, I have gradually developed unilateral ptosis, is there any cream or non surgical way to cure it. My eyes were fine till about a year ago, gradually my right eyelid started to droop and is getting worse day by day.

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Welcome to icliniq.com

As you have send me images of your both eye I can see there is ptosis in your eyes right eye it is looking more compare to left eye. As you told it started a year ago and not from birth so it can be apponeurotic ptosis but we have to take exact measurements for ptosis and we have to compare both eyes. For your query as you have asked if your eye lid is dropping Day by day and it's getting worst then only way to treat is surgery. There is no medical treatment for any kind of ptosis.

LPS weakness

Ptosis measurements
Ice pack test
AchR-Ab
Thyroid profile

MED
Apponeurotic ptosis
Myesthenia gravis

Ptosis

Depending upon ptosis measurements and lab test

5 days

| 

My eyelids seem to droop when I am relaxed. Could it be ptosis?

Query: Hi doctor, From the past 12 months, my eyelids seem to droop when in a normal or relaxed state. It takes an effort to perform any kind of activity. I am doing eye exercises, but their effects are temporary. My eyelids close even more often after I use mobile or laptop. Could it be ptosis? If yes, ...  Read Full »

Is drooping eyelid related to Horner's syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old, healthy male. I have attached three views of my eyes. The top one is 13 years old, the middle one and the bottom one are from today. As you can see I always had a bit of droopy left eye lid and its prominence depends on the angle of the view. Do you think this is c...  Read Full »

Should I stop weight training after laser eye surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been doing weight training for six months but recently my eye specialist told me to not lift heavy weights because I had laser treatment for retinal holes three years ago. So, should I stop weight training completely or should I drop the weights? Currently, I am doing deadlifts a...  Read Full »