Q. What are the ways to treat ptosis in a diabetic patient?

Dr. Aida Quka

55 years old male with complaint of ptosis on the right eye having diabetes for the past 10 to 12 years. FBS yesterday taken was 165 mg/dl. Ocular movement normal on left side but adduction limited in affected side. He is suspected to have third nerve palsy. What all medical intervention can be possible to get normal?

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

I recommend performing a brain MRI. If normal (which means that is a peripheral nerve damage) I would recommend starting low dose Steroids for 20 days, Vitamin B complex supplements, Alpha lipoic acid 1200 mg daily. In case of pain in the eye, Gabapentin or Pregabalin can be helpful.

| 

Why is my one eye looking different than the other?

Query: Hello doctor,My eye shape has started to differ than other one and looks droop.  Read Full »

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Diabetes and Eyes

Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability. Read Article

Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou...  Read Article