Q. What are the ways to treat ptosis in a diabetic patient?

Dr. Aida Quka

55 years old male with complaint of ptosis on the right eye having diabetes for the past 10 to 12 years. FBS yesterday taken was 165 mg/dl. Ocular movement normal on left side but adduction limited in affected side. He is suspected to have third nerve palsy. What all medical intervention can be possible to get normal?

Do you have a question on Ptosis or Diabetes?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Aida Quka

FACULTY OF MEDICINE, UNIVERSITY OF TIRANA., NEUROLOGY POST GRADUATION DEGREE, UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL CENTER
Neurology

I recommend performing a brain MRI. If normal (which means that is a peripheral nerve damage) I would recommend starting low dose Steroids for 20 days, Vitamin B complex supplements, Alpha lipoic acid 1200 mg daily. In case of pain in the eye, Gabapentin or Pregabalin can be helpful.

Why is my one eye looking different than the other?
Query: Hello doctor,My eye shape has started to differ than other one and looks droop.  Read Full >>
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photo attachment (attachment remove to protect patient identity), I can tell you that you have mild ptosis on your right eye. Ptosis is the technical term for the drooping of the upper lid. There are several ways in which ptosis can be corrected depending on...  Read Full

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health
Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management.  Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc ...  Read Article

Diabetes and Eyes
Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability.  Read Article
Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou ...  Read Article

Ask a Doctor Now