Drooping Eyelids

My eye became drooped after a bout of severe vomiting. So why is that not improving?

Query: Hi doctor,I had a severe bout of vomiting (norovirus) nine days ago. While vomiting, I felt an intense pressure behind my left eye and the sudden swelling of the eyelid and binocular diplopia. After nine days (today), the left eye is still droopy, and I have lost the crease in the eye fold. I still ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopal Damani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the crips photos (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity); they were helpful. The swelling in the left eye seems to have subsided by almost 90%. I hope it will subside completely in some time. Regarding the present pain, I suggest using dry,...  Read Full »

Can unilateral ptosis be cured non-surgically?

Query: Hi doctor, I have developed unilateral ptosis. Is there any cream or any non-surgical way to cure it? My eyes were fine before a year and now, my right eyelid started to droop and it is getting worse day by day.   Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you have send images of your both eyes, there is ptosis more in your right eyes when compared to your left eyes. As it started before a year, it can be aponeurotic ptosis. We nee...  Read Full »

Can continuous computer use make your eye droopy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am working on the computer for the whole day. My right eye seems to be dropping a little bit. I am not sure whether it is a permanent damage to my eyes. Sometimes I take a while to blink. I am scared that I have ruined my right eyes. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your left eye seems to be dropped more than the right and it also appears normal. Normally, your eyelid covers two millimeters of the cornea. I suggest you follow some measures to manage your screen time. Work in a well-lit room. Your main light should focus on you from...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment to help my dad to open his eyelids on his own after a brain infarct?

Query: Hello doctor, My dad is 78 years old. Recently, (one month back) he had acute left medullary infarct with hyperacute infarct of the midbrain. After which he is unable to open both of his eyelids on his own but can see when we lift the eyelids, also his voice was very low. After a month now his spe...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described, your father had brain infarct after that he developed all symptoms related to eye right. So let me explain you that in case of stroke or infarct in the brain there will be involvement of cranial nerves also. The cranial nerve which is responsible...  Read Full »

Will blepharoplasty fix a drooping eyelid?

Query: Hello doctor, I always had a lower left brow causing the lid to appear more droopy than the right side. However, the skin on the left side has recently become thinner in the past year I would say, causing less of my lid to appear and I feel a sensation now on that eye like something is sitting on ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have explained your history nicely. You have not mentioned about photos. Both are recently taken or different. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In the photos attached first one which is showing your lower lids down seems to be taken in a slightly ...  Read Full »

There is drooping of eyelid due to retained lens in the eye. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Day before yesterday my lens got lost in my right eye. I thought it must have fallen. Later, my eye turned red and started mucus discharge and the next day the lens was expelled. So the redness got reduced but now there is mild drooping of the eyelid of that eye. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably you have infection of the eye, due to lens being there for a long time. It causes inflammation of eyelids which causes drooping. You should start putting some antibiotic eye drops. Consult some ophthalmologist nearby to prescribe you one for it. Do not ...  Read Full »

Is drooping eyelid related to Horner's syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old, healthy male. I have attached three views of my eyes. The top one is 13 years old, the middle one and the bottom one are from today. As you can see I always had a bit of droopy left eye lid and its prominence depends on the angle of the view. Do you think this is c...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Horner syndrome is characterized by myosis (small pupil) and enophthalmos (eye turned inside) besides ptosis. It is usually associated with other symptoms like severe headache, dizziness, etc. So, I definitely do not think that you have this syndrome. As you do not h...  Read Full »