Quadruple Marker

If we take Insulin injection during pregnancy, will it affect the baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 38 years old. She had an abortion in 2012 around her six months of pregnancy due to the defects of diabetics. From that time onwards she has not taken any treatment for diabetics. As per her report, pregnancy starts from 18th February. We have started Insulin Eglucent three t...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, I gather that you have been taking insulin from early pregnancy and closely following it. If your blood sugar levels are well controlled with diet, exercise, and insulin, then there is nothing to worry about. There is no specific and extra chance for ...  Read Full »

Is nasal bone length an indicator of Down's syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, My quadruple test is normal. After 23 weeks of gestation, I took an anomaly scan, which shows 3.6 mm nasal bone. Is the nasal bone underdeveloped? What are the chances of Down's syndrome? We do not want to get an amniocentesis test done as it increases the chance of miscarriage. Previous...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The nasal bone thickness is relevant only between 11 to 13 weeks pregnant scan where it should be less than 2 mm. Nasal bone thickness at 23 weeks gestation is irrelevant. If the quadruple test shows low risk of Down's syndrome, then amniocentesis is not recommended. How...  Read Full »

What is the use of quadruple marker test?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 18 weeks pregnant with twin gestations. She has conceived through IUI treatment. We want an urgent and detailed feedback regarding her quadruple marker report. How authentic are the report findings, considering there are no other marker tests done before, like double marker...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. I have reviewed the quadruple marker report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, any serum screening like double or quadruple marker does not accurately assess the risk of chromosom...  Read Full »

Please look into my NT and double marker test reports and assess my risks.

Query: Hello doctor, I was recommended for NIPT, early TIFA scan and then amniocentesis if needed. Here are my NT and double marker reports. Kindly interpret the real risk level for me and what should be the next step ahead if there is any concern. My blood sample for the double marker was collected at eig...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepali Raina

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the risk is relatively high for you. But, it does not mean that the baby has Down's syndrome. Amniocentesis is the next step for your for confirmation. If money is a concern, you can wait for another f...  Read Full »

I am 12 weeks pregnant, and my NT scan showed 3 mm thickness. Should I redo the scan?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 41 year old woman, and I am 12 weeks pregnant for the first time. The results of my NIPT harmony test indicated no risk for trisomy 21, 18, and 13. The results of my blood test and NT scan showed that everything was normal except the nuchal fold thickness was 3 mm. This ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to congratulate you on starting this beautiful journey, being a mom of two, I understand your concerns. Here is what I would suggest. Wait till the 18th week to get the anatomical screening. And it has to be checked by a cardiologist. There is...  Read Full »

Dual marker test shows high risk for Down's syndrome. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have done a dual marker test. My age is 34 years old. The disorder is Down's syndrome. Result increased. Final risk 1:212. Age risk : 1:433. Cut off : 1:250.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The risk as mentioned is high. So the next step would be to get a quadruple marker at 14 to 16 weeks and if positive then amniocentesis for fetal cell karyotyping can be done to get a conclusive result to rule out Down's syndrome. If you prefer non invasive test for ...  Read Full »

Does my double marker test result show chances of complications?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to know about the double marker test results. I am uploading the reports.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concern. The result is in the high-risk zone, and the next test would be a quadruple test done after two weeks to check for risk of aneuploidies. For more information consult a...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my NT scan and double marker test?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 12 weeks 3 days pregnant. I got my NT scan and double marker blood test results. NT value 1.7 mm at CRL of 52.6 mm, free beta hCG 1.29 MOM, PAPP-A 0.37 MOM, trisomy 21+NT risk 1:513, trisomy 21 1:214 and trisomy 13/18+NT. What is your opinion?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The NT value (nuchal translucency) is normal as it is less than 2.5 mm, but the overall trisomy 21 risks being 1:214 and together risk 1:513. This ideally calls for a quadruple test after one week. If the cut-off bar in the graph is over the cut-off line, then it calls...  Read Full »

Why did my doctor suggest quadruple marker test for my pregnant wife?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is pregnant. Her doctor has suggested us to get a Quadruple marker or triple marker study test. Why does he suggest this test? What is the use of that test?  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is done to screen for the possibility of certain birth defects in the baby like Down's syndrome, abnormalities of the brain and spinal cord. The quadruple test or triple marker test should be performed during the 15th and 20th week of pregnancy. For further information...  Read Full »