Q. Why did my doctor suggest quadruple marker test for my pregnant wife?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

My wife is pregnant. Her doctor has suggested us to get a Quadruple marker or triple marker study test. Why does he suggest this test? What is the use of that test?

#

• It is done to screen for the possibility of certain birth defects in the baby like Down's syndrome, abnormalities of the brain and spinal cord.
  • The quadruple test or triple marker test should be performed during the 15th and 20th week of pregnancy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|