iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologyquadruple markerWhy should my pregnant wife get a quadruple test?

Why did my doctor suggest quadruple marker test for my pregnant wife?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 5, 2017
Reviewed AtJuly 6, 2023

Patient's Query

My wife is pregnant. Her doctor has suggested us to get a Quadruple marker or triple marker study test. Why does he suggest this test? What is the use of that test?

It is done to screen for the possibility of certain birth defects in the baby like Down's syndrome, abnormalities of the brain and spinal cord. The quadruple test or triple marker test should be performed during the 15th and 20th week of pregnancy.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy