Q. What is your opinion about my NT scan and double marker test?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2021

I am 12 weeks 3 days pregnant. I got my NT scan and double marker blood test results. NT value 1.7 mm at CRL of 52.6 mm, free beta hCG 1.29 MOM, PAPP-A 0.37 MOM, trisomy 21+NT risk 1:513, trisomy 21 1:214 and trisomy 13/18+NT. What is your opinion?

#

• The NT value (nuchal translucency) is normal as it is less than 2.5 mm, but the overall trisomy 21 risks being 1:214 and together risk 1:513. This ideally calls for a quadruple test after one week.
  • If the cut-off bar in the graph is over the cut-off line, then it calls for NACE testing (non-invasive prenatal test). It is a substitute for amniocentesis to karyotype the fetal cells to conclusively confirm or rule out Down's syndrome in the pregnancy.
  • Please attach the picture of the report for evaluation.

Revert with the report to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I have attached the report for your reference.

#

• The graph is clearly below the cut-off line (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and hence, low risk for trisomies and no need for NACE.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|