Q. Please look into my NT and double marker test reports and assess my risks.

Dr. Deepali Raina
Published on Nov 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I was recommended for NIPT, early TIFA scan and then amniocentesis if needed. Here are my NT and double marker reports. Kindly interpret the real risk level for me and what should be the next step ahead if there is any concern. My blood sample for the double marker was collected at eight weeks and two days and the NT scan was done at 12 weeks and two days. Both NIPT and amniocentesis are hard for me to afford. Moreover, amnio is said to be risky and I do not want to take risks.

Dr. Deepali Raina

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• From your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the risk is relatively high for you. But, it does not mean that the baby has Down's syndrome. Amniocentesis is the next step for your for confirmation.
  • If money is a concern, you can wait for another four weeks and repeat the ultrasound and the quadruple test. But, if there is a problem detected afterward, the termination of pregnancy becomes a little risky.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

In my 18th week of pregnancy, clubfoot was diagnosed. Should I undergo amniocentesis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in my 18th week of pregnancy. The fetus has been diagnosed with clubfoot when I went for an anomaly scan on the 16th week. There is no other anomaly diagnosed so far. Please let me know if I have to undergo amniocentesis to rule out other associated anomalies. If I am not wrong, I ha...  Read Full »

Will amniocentesis help to diagnose Down's syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, A five month period of pregnancy has been completed for me. I had a screening test for Down's syndrome which came positive with a risk of 1:69. Should we need to do a diagnostic test which is amniocentesis? What will be the percentage after birth if the amniocentesis test is negative (It...  Read Full »

Emergency Contraception: Alleviate Anxiety About Unwanted Pregnancy

Article Overview: Whenever a female has unprotected intercourse without using any kind of contraception, a chance of pregnancy is present. The female sometimes does not want to bear the risk of having a child at that point in her life. So, emergency contraception options are beneficial in such a case, to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. In this article, we will discuss in detail about the methods of emergency contraception available and their mechanisms. Read Article

Emergency contraception is a method to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sexual intercourse has taken place. Methods Hereby, you can see different methods with the dose of drugs. Hormonal pill. IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device). 1. Hormonal pills: Two doses of oral combined contra...  Read Article