Q. Please look into my NT and double marker test reports and assess my risks.

Dr. Deepali Raina
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I was recommended for NIPT, early TIFA scan and then amniocentesis if needed. Here are my NT and double marker reports. Kindly interpret the real risk level for me and what should be the next step ahead if there is any concern. My blood sample for the double marker was collected at eight weeks and two days and the NT scan was done at 12 weeks and two days. Both NIPT and amniocentesis are hard for me to afford. Moreover, amnio is said to be risky and I do not want to take risks.

#

• From your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the risk is relatively high for you. But, it does not mean that the baby has Down's syndrome. Amniocentesis is the next step for your for confirmation.
  • If money is a concern, you can wait for another four weeks and repeat the ultrasound and the quadruple test. But, if there is a problem detected afterward, the termination of pregnancy becomes a little risky.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|