Q. What does my SGOT and SGPT value indicate?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 05, 2020

I have tested for SGPT and SGOT. The result indicates that I have SGPT 214 and SGOT 197. Now what shall I do? Please suggest me.

#

There are a few things I am worried here:

Abnormal liver function test could be due to hepatitis C infection and non-alcoholic liver disease can occur as a result of cholesterol deposition in the liver or active hepatitis B infection or alcoholic liver disease. Also, you have high cholesterol, low vitamin D and B12. Are you taking any medication for this?

1. I suggest you to do the complete hepatitis B panel including hepatitis E antigen and antibody, hepatitis B core antigen and antibody and hepatitis B surface antibody.
2. Also, I suggest you to do the hepatitis C antibody and an ultrasound of the liver.

I suggest you to take 50000 IU of Vitamin D once a week for 12 weeks and get B12 injection or 1000 mg of vitamin B12 daily for a week. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with their consent.

Revert back with blood and ultrasound reports to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|