Q. What will happen if Ranitidine is taken before endoscopy?

Answered by Dr. Chirag Solanki and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ranitidine or Endoscopy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 33 years old and I want to ask what and why we need to stop taking Ranitidine before endoscopy? Is it because it hides anything or make a false negative result? I have undergone endoscopy (first time) and still taking Ranitidine to control my acid. The doctor told me that my esophagus is not fine because I took Ranitidine.