Q. My 2. 7-year-old daughter has pain around the navel for the past two weeks. Please advice.

Dr. Amit Modi

My daughter (aged 2 years 7 months) is complaining of a mild "stomach pain" around the navel area for the past 2 weeks. Because of the current pandemic situation we are somewhat hesitant about taking her physically to a doctor. The pain - which comes on & goes 3-4 times a day - lasts for a few seconds to a few minutes. Though she doesn't become restless (& doesn't cry) when it occurs, she does lie down on her stomach for a while or starts stroking it with her palm. Incidentally, of late she's very constipated - passes hard stools only once in the day or, at times, skips pooping for the entire day ! She's drinking very little water (despite our insistence) and refusing to take any fruit other than banana & mausambi (in juice form). Had deworming medicines about 8 months ago. Please advise. Thanks.

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Paediatrics
# Syp Zentel 10ml single one dose at night ( to deworm)
Syp Rantac 5 ml twice a day before food ( for Gastritis pain)
Syp Cyclopam 5ml sos for acute pain abdomen.

|