Ranitidine

Which is the best probiotic for acid reflux?

Query: Hi doctor, I have acid reflux since 10 years. My H.pylori test is negative. I already overused Pantoprazole and it caused side effects like vitamin B12 deficiency, muscle weakness, etc. So, I would like to discontinue it. I heard that probiotics may heal my problem. Can I use probiotics? If so, th...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of irritable bowel syndrome. Yes, probiotics play a wonderful role in this. In fact the famous probiotic for this purpose available in market are Darolac-IBS and VSL-3 (lactic acid). You can take them twice a day. For further ...  Read Full »

Is Gelusil safe in pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 7 weeks pregnant now. Currently, doctor has suggested some tablets and her reports are attached for your reference. From yesterday, she feels gas and wants to take Gelusil. Is it safe to take Gelusil with these medicines? She also complains of vomiting sensation especially i...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your query. The symptoms your wife suffering with is common during the first trimester of pregnancy. All these symptoms are due to gastritis, which due to the sudden surge of pregnancy...  Read Full »

Why do I have itching of face and chest after sex?

Query: Hi doctor, After sex, my girlfriend's face, chest and legs burn and itch. What is the cause? And what can we do for it?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this the first time this has happened or every time? Are there any rashes or just itching? Kindly revert back with the details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Presence of white substance globbed together on my stools after having greasy food. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,After eating greasy food, the following day, I pass stool and floating on the top is a transparent white substance globbed together, my stool is not formed usually and is mostly short segments. I often go about four to five times a day, and sometimes less. I am not on any medication.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not look like an infection to me. Could be due to some undigested food material. However, you have mentioned that a few tests have been performed. I would like to see the report before I comment further.  Read Full »

I have a persistent pricking pain in my throat with tongue discomfort. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old male. I had brief nausea before five months. I visited a general physician who suspected GERD and put me on Motilium for GIT and later Pan 40 then Ranitidine for three months. I vomited only once but had been having a burning sensation in my chest. The burning ches...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I viewed your MRI images of the neck and chest area (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Neck findings, there are few small mucosal cysts in the right maxillary sinus. There is a small lobulated cyst like area anteriorly in the floor of the mouth to the...  Read Full »

Nausea and stomach pain after taking Panadol.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, 27 years old, 50 kg, 162 cm. Just before sleeping at 11:30 AM, I took two Panadol advance pills and one Muscerol 3 pill altogether. I have not eaten for the last five hours earlier. Later that night, I woke up around 2 AM feeling nausea which lasted for a few minutes. S...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubin Dev Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The drugs that you mentioned all contain NSAIDs. These drugs are known to damage stomach mucosal lining and cause gastritis. I would suggest to minimise these drugs. You can use some over-the-counter antacids like Pantoprazole or Ranitidine available at stores along ...  Read Full »

Why is it important to stop Ranitidine before endoscopy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old and I want to ask what and why we need to stop taking Ranitidine before endoscopy? Is it because it hides anything or make a false negative result? I have undergone endoscopy (first time) and still taking Ranitidine to control my acid. The doctor told me that my esophag...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to me, it is not compulsory to stop Ranitidine before endoscopy. Sometimes, it may hide the findings of gastritis or an ulcer if taken for a longer time before endoscopy.  Read Full »

How to treat spitting in 3 months old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 3 months old and she is formula fed - Nan Pro 1. Her birth weight was 2.6 kg, which dropped down to 2.2 kg after 15 days of her birth. Her present weight is 4.6 kg, length is 56.5 cm and head circumference is 38.5 cm. She spits up around 6 to 7 times daily even after burping an...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

Paediatrician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You would have to look at a growth chart to look at your child growth. Her birth weight was at 2nd percentile and grown to 5-10 percentile at 3 months. This tells although she is still on lower side but there has been improvement in her weight on graph. Same is with her ...  Read Full »

How to reduce belly fat in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is a diabetic since 25 years. He had bypass surgery last year and has gained some belly fat. He is taking medication for lipids. He has grade 2 fatty liver with no symptoms. Please examine my father's recent ultrasound which was done to check his enlarged prostate. Also, pl...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. His ultrasound (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of abdomen suggests fatty liver. Liver function test (LFT) is normal. This indicates there is fat in liver, but it is not damaging liver. There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. Main treatment to ...  Read Full »

Is tablet Pansec increasing my father's creatinine levels?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is being treated for peptic ulcer, from the past 15 days. So, he is taking a medicine called as Pansec 40 mg, in the morning and evening. He has also developed slight kidney problems, and his creatinine has raised to 1.6. To rule out renal cancer, the doctor will perform ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pantoprazole belongs to a group of drugs called as proton pump inhibitors, and they are known to cause interstitial nephritis. However, they are not strongly blamed for causing so, but if you want to be on the safer side, it is advisable to switch from Pantoprazo...  Read Full »