Q. After getting dental aligners, I found a little white contour around the lower gums. What is that?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I currently have aligners on and since I started the treatment I noticed a little white contour around my gums lower teeth, they lift a little bit. Is it something to be alarmed about?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

No, your gums are absolutely fine and nothing to be alarmed for. They are minor issues due to the realignment of the contour of your gums. Do continue to use aligner. When you remove your aligner please apply Rexidine M forte gel (if you feel any discomfort).

It is just contouring your gums to the same level. If you carefully look to the image you uploaded you will notice those white lines only on the tooth that placed below.

Realignment of the gingiva (contouring it on the same level).

Continue using aligners.

I do not think there might be any sharp edge, do mention to your dentist if present.

Follow up after seven days. Apply the gel when not using your aligner. Use a simple mouthwash like Colgate plux after brushing your teeth to keep your gums healthy. Warm saline gargle occasionally.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Why is bone exposed in my gums?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a swollen, bleeding and receding gums. I tried Corsodyl mouthwash, but I want more advice. I am dreading going to the dentist. I really do not want to lose my tooth. The top bone area is currently exposed. I really need help, please.  Read Full »

Esthetic Era - Treatment for Midline Diastema

Article Overview: In this article, we will discuss various treatment options for a gap in upper front teeth, medically known as midline diastema. Read Article

What Is Midline Diastema? Midline diastema is the gap present between the upper front teeth irrespective of spacing present between the lower front teeth. If the gap present between the upper front teeth is more than 0.5 mm proximally, space is visible between the upper central incisors. Usually, ...  Read Article

I have receding and weak gums. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an issue regarding my gums. For the past few days, I have been feeling that my gums are becoming weak and thin as they are leaving my teeth and going down from my teeth. I want to say that a part of the teeth which is hidden under gum is showing. I am a smoker and I am already tr...  Read Full »