Q. My gums are receding and my jaw bone is exposed. Will I lose my tooth?

Dr. Honey Nandwani
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 10, 2019

I have been suffering from a swollen, bleeding and receding gums. I tried Corsodyl mouthwash, but I want more advice. I am dreading going to the dentist. I really do not want to lose my tooth. The top bone area is currently exposed. I really need help, please.

#

• Sore, swollen and receding gums with bleeding seem to be most probably due to an active gum infection that is causing a loss of attachment from the gum and underlying bone, making the teeth loose.
  • This condition is called periodontitis. Using only a mouth wash will not help. You will need to consult a dentist and get a scaling and root planing procedure done.
  • I suggest you get a panoramic X-ray and follow up with that.

Revert with more information to a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|