Q. My gums are receding and my jaw bone is exposed. Will I lose my tooth?

Dr. Honey Arora
Published on Oct 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 10, 2019

I have been suffering from a swollen, bleeding and receding gums. I tried Corsodyl mouthwash, but I want more advice. I am dreading going to the dentist. I really do not want to lose my tooth. The top bone area is currently exposed. I really need help, please.

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

• Sore, swollen and receding gums with bleeding seem to be most probably due to an active gum infection that is causing a loss of attachment from the gum and underlying bone, making the teeth loose.
  • This condition is called periodontitis. Using only a mouth wash will not help. You will need to consult a dentist and get a scaling and root planing procedure done.
  • I suggest you get a panoramic X-ray and follow up with that.

Revert with more information to a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

What can be done for spongy bleeding gums in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, My parents are diabetic and living in a village where non-treated water is consumed daily for everything other than drinking which is rich in minerals, algal blooms, dirt, etc. Suggest me a toothpaste which is better considering this kind of locality. Their gums are bleeding and exper...  Read Full »

What to do for swollen and bleeding gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a cut in the gum after having some food. Later, I gargled with Listerine and it worsens the condition with swelling. I am having bleeding gums while brushing. I am 35 years old and I am diabetic. Please do the needful.  Read Full »

Why is my tooth root exposed?

Query: Hello doctor, My two front bottom teeth are wearing away from the inside (from below upwards). They will soon have the roots exposed and then I will surely lose them. Is there anything I can do to slow down the process? Brushing now seems to accelerate it with chunks coming out!! I have not been to ...  Read Full »