Teeth Alignment

Is it necessary to wear retainers after removing braces to prevent relapse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am just wondering if retainers can be used to realign teeth? I have had braces off for a month and have worn mine religiously but it feels like my teeth are relapsing a little bit despite this. Is this possible? Namely, my teeth before braces were not aligned properly, had spaces, and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Once the braces are removed, you have to wear the retainers for at least eight months. You have to wear them literally all the time. Else there are high chances for relapse. And yes your front teeth can be filled using tooth colored composite restoration. You just ha...  Read Full »

Are elastics compulsory to correct overbite?

Query: Hi doctor, I was informed by my dentist that I have a problem with my bite and I use elastics along with my braces. I feel it uncomfortable. I force my teeth to stay how they really are. I have no problem with my jaw and I am very unhappy about the way I look with elastics. My teeth do not fit toget...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are happy with your current bite, then you can definitely tell your dentist to keep your bite as it is and that you do not want elastics. He will modify his treatment plan accordingly and will stop when the teeth are stabilized properly. But, if there is some occlu...  Read Full »

When talking or smiling, my upper teeth is barely visible. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an inquiry regarding my upper teeth. I recently have noticed then when I am talking or smiling, my upper teeth barely show at all, so it looks odd when I talk because you can only see my bottom teeth. I was wondering what caused this? Because they were not like that when I was yo...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. 2. The possibilities for your upper teeth not visible during talking or smiling are a short upper lip, short upper teeth, and most rearward upper teeth. 3. The imbalance between any of the above is the...  Read Full »

One of my front teeth is lower than the other. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, One of my front teeth is lower than the other and my orthodontist told me I am getting my braces off tomorrow. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please ask your dentist to take this into consideration. If there is only 0.5 mm difference or very negligible then ask him to level it off by slicing the tooth a bit. But if it is prominently below the level of occlusion then he must reposition the bracket and give it so...  Read Full »

How to correct disordered teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have disordered tooth alignment. What can be done to correct them?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I had taken a look at your X-ray. You have got all the permanent teeth which are to be present at this age, and this is perfect. The haphazard alignment is something widespread and can ...  Read Full »

My 16 year old daughter's baby teeth have not fallen off still. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 16 years old, and her baby teeth have still not fallen off. Just in the past two years, it had slowly started to be pushed out and now the permanent teeth are finally erupting. It seems red in the middle, but there is no pain or discomfort. Will the teeth eventually com...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. The problem is over-retained milk teeth. As your daughter is 16 years of age and still the milk teeth have not fallen, then there is a possibility that it will not fall on its own. Rather, it will disturb the alignment of the erupting permanent teet...  Read Full »

My teeth are crooked after using retainers only at night. Should I get braces again?

Query: Hello doctor, One of my teeth started moving backward as soon as I started wearing my retainer just at night. It got painful to put the retainer back in, and so I stopped wearing it. I am terrified of orthodontists and dentists, and so did not let my orthodontist know. Now, two of my teeth has move...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To correct the relapse of orthodontic treatment, there are two options. It depends on how much tooth movement is required. If it is one or two teeth requiring 1 mm or less tooth movement, an active retainer can be given. If it is more teeth or a greater amount of...  Read Full »

Can my front teeth be removed and put back straight without any other procedure?

Query: Hello doctor,Can I get my front teeth removed and then put them back in straight without dentures?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A tooth is fixed in the bone socket by a connective tissue called as the periodontal ligament. Once we pull a tooth out of its socket, it means that we have completely damaged that tissue. It cannot be regenerated after that. Secondly, our teeth are supplied by nerves ...  Read Full »

When I bite, both sides teeth do not come in contact at the same time. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, About 2.5 years ago I put extreme pressure on my back teeth by mistake, and they are now slightly pushed into my gums. Just a week ago, I noticed my upper right wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it were growing a bit crooked, so I decided to move them back myself gradually. I started get...  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel you have to get a full check up done of your upper and lower jaw. Upper right wisdom tooth erupts between 17 to 25 years. But, if there is no space for it to erupt then they come out crooked. Pain can also result if the wisdom tooth is not erupting in the normal pa...  Read Full »

One of my middle tooth is out of line from the rest of the teeth. Should I consult an orthodontist?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my braces off a few days ago, and I have been wearing my top retainer faithfully. I got a fixed retainer on the bottom front teeth, but they are only glued on by the two ends, not on each tooth. I noticed recently that one of the middle tooth is out of line from the rest, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you described the lower retainer is fixed to only two teeth, the other teeth are free to move forward or rotate. It is common in such cases that the teeth do tend to move back to their previous positions. I would recommend you make an appointment with the orthodonti...  Read Full »