Q. I am 18 years old and my gums have receded because of improper brushing. Kindly help.

Dr. C Elanchezhian
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 10, 2019

I am 18 years old, and I am worried because I feel that my gums have receded. It is because of my improper brushing routine, they are yellow, not wobbly, and gums are becoming a darker version of red, gums have receded from the front teeth.

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Welcome to ilciniq.com.

Your teeth are stained with yellow plaques, and the condition is called gingivitis.

Try this home remedy,

1) Take one tablespoon of baking soda with two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to make a paste.

2) Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after brushing with this paste.

3) Use an antibacterial mouth wash and rinse.

4) Eat lots of vegetable and fruits.

5) Use a soft-edged toothbrush.

When should I change my toothbrush?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I take care of toothbrush health? How often to change toothbrush heads or disposable toothbrushes and the negative effects of not changing them often?  Read Full »

Though I am using electronic toothbrush, gum redness is present. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the dentist before two months. He said that I had good teeth health and gum health. The only thing is for my front teeth on the top and bottom I developed a frayed appearance around the gumline. He said this was from too much gumline and toothbrush contact and that switching ...  Read Full »

Why is bone exposed in my gums?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a swollen, bleeding and receding gums. I tried Corsodyl mouthwash, but I want more advice. I am dreading going to the dentist. I really do not want to lose my tooth. The top bone area is currently exposed. I really need help, please.  Read Full »