Q. Is redness in foreskin and glans normal?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
Published on Oct 20, 2018

I have redness in the foreskin and glans which becomes bright red when subjected to friction and becomes normal or very light red. This redness comes and goes often. It has been there for a year and above. I took all viral tests and it is negative for all. I used Candid B ointment with no results. It is still the same light red in glans as seen in the picture. Sometimes, foreskin becomes red then and there and disappears without any clue. 1.5 years before I had oral sex and got sharp teeth scratch in glans for which I doubted and took tests but it is negative for all the parameters and sugar is also normal. Kindly advise in this regard and what should be done for the redness to disappear.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Preventive Medicine Venereology
#

There are no active lesions in the photos. There will be some amount of redness with friction. Do not worry about it much. It appears there are no symptoms like itching. Avoid friction or irritation. Do not do forceful masturbation. Avoid using harsh soap or cleanser. Do not wash too frequently. Wash the area twice daily with warm water. You can apply the Candid (Clotrimazole) cream twice daily if too itchy or redness.

I have tried using Candid B when it becomes red. But it is slightly red all the time. Also, I could not see the redness outside. I feel like it is from inside. That is why wanted to know your opinion. Toxoplasmosis IgG alone is positive and high. Does it have any link to it? What is the permanent solution for the redness to disappear as it has been there for more than a year? Kindly advise in this regard.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

#

I do not see any relationship of redness with toxoplasmosis. You can use the Candid cream for redness, especially with itching. If the response is similar to Candid B cream, prefer Candid cream. Otherwise, you can continue to use Candid B cream. If no symptoms or no redness, avoid medication. Maintain hygiene as advised earlier.

What are the treatment options for sudden knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, This morning I got sudden knee pain. Since then I am having difficulty walking or moving my knee. I did not get my knee hurt. Please suggest some solution.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing to this platform. You have written sudden onset pain in the knee region since morning with no history of any injury to the knee. Also, I want to actually know whether there are any associated signs or symptoms of any inflammation like skin redness...  Read Full

Why am I having itching and irritation near genital area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from heavy itching and irritation in the area between thighs near genital area and asshole area. Currently, I am using Candid B lotion and Clotrimazole cream.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Avoid Candid B (Beclometasone and Clotrimazole) cream. It is a fungal infection. You will need oral antifungal medication. Are you allergic to oral medication? Are you diabetic? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-d...  Read Full

I have pain in the penis after frequent sex. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am married since six years. I went abroad for a project for two months. There were no sexual relations in these two months. I just came back from the project and am having sex twice a day for the past three days. Now, I have a slight pain in the tip and ba...  Read Full >>

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can apply Acyclovir cream and Clotrimazole cream both together, thrice a day, until completely free of the problem and four to five days after that, use condoms. For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexolo...  Read Full

Ask a Community Medicine Physician Now