Q. I feel like something is stuck in my throat. What could be the reason?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
Published on Jun 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 27, 2019

I have had sores on the back of my tongue for weeks now. I have a pain in both ears that comes and goes. I also occasionally have a feeling of something in my throat that will not clear by swallowing. What could possibly be going on and who should I see for this?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

A chronic throat irritation with an enlargement of lingual tonsils that feel like sores in the back of your tongue, foreign body sensation in the lower part of the throat and recurrent ear pain are usually symptoms of reflux laryngopharyngitis, which is a type of acidity related disorder.

Usually, it occurs because of untimely eating habits, stress. lack of sleep, etc.

The treatment includes anti-reflux medications and lifestyle modifications.

Have your food at proper timings. You should not sleep immediately after dinner.

Wait for at least two hours before you go to bed.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

I used cocaine and now I have cough and phlegm with itchiness in throat. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I used cocaine for six months but for four months, I have coughs and phlegm especially in the morning. I never had throat pain. It just feels itchy. I saw a doctor who gave me allergy spray with Cortizon but I took it for just one month. I keep drinking alcohol and cold drinks which makes ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have attached shows slightly enlarged tonsils with granular pharyngitis. There is nothing to worry. Your symptoms are due to chronic irritation of your throat which could be due to rhinosinusitis o...  Read Full

I have ear pain after removing ear wax. Is it serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from ear pain for the last two days and it has become really serious now. The entire right side of my face has gone numb and I am not able to hear properly in my right ear. I can listen to some hissing sound. I remember cleaning my ear with my fingers and tried to...  Read Full >>

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms and history of ear cleaning, it is suggestive of otitis externa with ear wax. Do not worry too much. It is a soft tissue infection of your ear canal most probably due to finger nail trauma. You need to take some medication and precautions and it ...  Read Full