Q. I feel like something is stuck in my throat. What could be the reason?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 27, 2019

I have had sores on the back of my tongue for weeks now. I have a pain in both ears that comes and goes. I also occasionally have a feeling of something in my throat that will not clear by swallowing. What could possibly be going on and who should I see for this?

#

A chronic throat irritation with an enlargement of lingual tonsils that feel like sores in the back of your tongue, foreign body sensation in the lower part of the throat and recurrent ear pain are usually symptoms of reflux laryngopharyngitis, which is a type of acidity related disorder.

Usually, it occurs because of untimely eating habits, stress. lack of sleep, etc.

The treatment includes anti-reflux medications and lifestyle modifications.

Have your food at proper timings. You should not sleep immediately after dinner.

Wait for at least two hours before you go to bed.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|