Reflux Laryngitis

What could a painless lump in the throat with no difficulty in swallowing?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. I have been feeling a lump in my throat for quite some time now. Upon inspection, I found it is located on the palatoglossal arch on the base of the tongue. It is painless and does not cause any problem while swallowing food or liquid but there is a feeling of...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The growth is just a small salivary gland papilla. Your symptoms seem to be due to reflux laryngitis and not due to the growth. I will be give the treatment for reflux laryngitis but if you hav...  Read Full »

Why do I have chronic throat itching?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female of 32 years old. I have a chronic issue of throat irritation. A year ago, I had taken treatment from the ENT specialist. He told me that everything is fine, but some kind of air obstructs the throat. Unfortunately, I lost the prescription. I have been to doctors here, ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are happy to help you. From the details you have provided regarding your symptoms and the previous consultations, I can conclude with reasonable surety that you are suffering from a condition called reflux laryngitis. This is a chronic condition characterized ...  Read Full »

Will silent acid reflux result in swollen and itchy throat with cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a bit of silent reflux in the past, which I have been able to identify by some coughing in the night. However, this was usually associated with certain alcohol or foods and it has never been a problem. Then, I was a bit sick and I noticed I had developed an itchy throat and c...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of reflux which can cause laryngitis leading to sore throat and changes in voice. I will recommend you continue Lansoprazole, but if it is causing a problem then it can be changed to Esomeprazole, this salt may help. I will recommend star...  Read Full »

Are post-nasal drip and stomach ache symptoms of an allergy?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a sore throat on and off, for the past few weeks. It is not severe, but more of an annoyance with some referred ear pain. This week, I had a family member, who is a nurse, look at my throat to see if it was red or irritated. She noted I had quite a bit of post-nasal drip, but...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having some mild inflammation of the sinuses and nasal cavities. The same instead of causing headache or nose block is causing post-nasal drip which occasionally flares up as a sore throat. Let me suggest some medicines that I would do in my practice...  Read Full »

What causes the feeling of food getting stuck in the tonsils?

Query: Hello doctor, More than two months ago, I started getting this constant feeling of food being stuck in the top back of my left tonsil. I looked in the mirror and did not see anything suspicious in my throat. Since I get tonsil stones often (even though I do not feel them), I thought it was the sam...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there such a feeling when you do not swallow anything? Is there any pain or fever or soreness? Is any mucus dripping from the back of the nose to throat? Any nose block or nasal discharge? Any problem of sinusitis? How is your diet? Do you smoke or drink? Ha...  Read Full »

Why does my Adam's apple hurt on touch?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male with a history of some tonsil problem. About seven years ago, I had both a peritonsillar abscess and mononucleosis around the same time. After that, I began seeing an ENT for some fatigue and for lymph nodes on my neck that were both large and painless. After a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please send me pictures of your throat and of the prescription of the surgery done before? I feel you have recurrent follicular tonsillitis, and you got peritonsillar abscess for the same reason. Chronic throat infection also causes lymph node enlargement, which ...  Read Full »

What is the gurgling in my throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I am getting anxious about my health. I just wish you to look at a photo I have attached. It is a photo I got from the internet, which looks very similar to me. I have no other symptoms. I have always had the slight red marks, but have never noticed them. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Those represent the cobblestone appearance of posterior pharyngeal wall and it is in early stage. There is nothing to worry. Such appearance of posterior pharyngeal wall is usually seen in chronic allergic pharyngitis. It may also be seen in asymptomatic people and c...  Read Full »

I Feel Like Something Is Stuck In My Throat. What Could Be The Reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had sores on the back of my tongue for weeks now. I have a pain in both ears that comes and goes. I also occasionally have a feeling of something in my throat that will not clear by swallowing. What could possibly be going on and who should I see for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A chronic throat irritation with an enlargement of lingual tonsils that feel like sores in the back of your tongue, foreign body sensation in the lower part of the throat and recurrent ear pain are usually symptoms of reflux laryngopharyngitis, which is a type of aci...  Read Full »

Why do I have a bloody spot near the back of my throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having some issues with my throat from the past couple of months. I feel a tightness in the neck. I do not have a runny nose, but I have post-nasal drip and lots of phlegm or mucus in the mornings. I feel like I need to clear my throat a lot. The symptoms seemed to go away fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see inflamed and enlarged tonsils with a congested posterior pharyngeal wall (back of the throat). A post-nasal drip running for a couple of months suggests some sinonasal inflammation as...  Read Full »

I have a constant sore throat with lymph nodes enlargement. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, About two months ago, I developed a sore throat. It was mainly on the right side. I went to urgent care, and they did a quick strep test, which came back as positive. I also had a little bit of a stuffy nose, and mainly the right ear felt full or plugged. I went home with antibiotics, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you suggest that you are suffering from a recurrent acute rhinopharyngitis. You may call it a recurrent acute upper respiratory tract infection. The initial infection has not healed completely, and it gets flared up frequently. Moreover, the ...  Read Full »