Q. My friend is suffering from intense eye pain and headache. Kindly help.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

One of my close friends has been suffering from intense eye pain and headache for the past three to four days. She is taking Paracetamol 500 mg for headaches and using Lubricant eye drops for eye pain. But still, there is no relaxation from the pain. It might be that the spectacle power must have increased. Still, I need some consultation for instant relief or medication that could help her from the pain atleast for a day until she visits an ophthalmologist and gets her eye tested. Kindly give your opinion.

#

Intense pain is never due to refractive error. Can you please send me a close-up picture of her eyes without the flash? So that I can guide you accordingly.

I am attaching the picture of both the eye for your reference.

#

There is no redness (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Therefore, I am suggesting some medications:

1) Loteprednol eye drop three times a day for five days.

2) Refresh tears (Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium) eye drops six times a day for seven days.

3) Tablet Diclo plus (Diclofenac and Paracetamol) once after meals for three days.

4) Tablet Pantop 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once before breakfast for three days.

If the headache persists beyond 24 hours, please go to an emergency room. Once the pandemic situation gets settled, visit an ophthalmologist and get an eye test done.

I hope this was helpful.

We will follow your instructions, and when the situation improves, we will surely get it checked by an ophthalmologist.

#

Please limit screen time to a minimum while using mobile or any gadgets. I hope this was helpful.

|