Q. I had measles in childhood. Will I transmit the infection now?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 31, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 30, 2019

One of my colleagues was diagnosed with measles. I had measles in my childhood. But my doubt is whether it can spread to my 2 months old granddaughter through me? Will I transmit the infection?

#

• Once you are infected with measles, there is no chance of reinfection in you.
  • Antibodies already present in your body will give you lifelong immunity. There will not be any active infection in you.
  • There is no possibility of you infecting others. So, you will not transmit it to the child.
  • You can get your child vaccinated against measles. It is usually given in the immunization schedule. If given already then do not worry.

For further doubts consult a preventive medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/preventive-medicine-physician

|