Q. Why is the resting heart rate low in spite of pacemaker?

Dr. Sanjib K Sahu

My 78 year old father has had a pacemaker for five years. The pacemaker is working.

But his heart is becoming weaker and more dependent on the pacemaker.

He now has a low resting heart rate. What causes this? What is the treatment?

Dr. Sanjib K Sahu

Cardiology
#

• Usually, if the pacemaker is working, then the heartbeat will be the set rate of the pacemaker machine.

You can send me the reports.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

My resting heart rate is increased. Am I at the risk for a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, who is fit and active. I do not drink alcohol or take illegal drugs. I smoke about 15 cigarettes a day and drink some coffee and tea, about two or three cups a day. I do not like energy drinks, so I never take them. I am not on any medication. About three we...  Read Full »

Do I have sinus bradycardia based on the reports?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 57 years old female. I am doing my annual health check-up for last three years. Below are some variation in my report this year, with respect to normal range. Could you please share your advice regarding this:E.C.G - Sinus Bradycardia (except this normal study. Same is there in the re...  Read Full »

I am a pacemaker-dependent individual. What are my chances of survival?

Query: Hello doctor, I will try to be brief. I am a 49 year old female who has been pacemaker dependent for several years. Due to cardiomyopathy EF of 30 %, BNP of 186, and a cardiac event resulting in high troponin. I eventually was switched to a biventricular pacemaker/defibrillator. I had an echo last ...  Read Full »