Q. I am 20 and still have milk teeth. Will I get permanent teeth?

Dr. Honey Arora
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2021

I am 20 years old. My milk teeth or primary teeth did not fall still. Those teeth are a little bit shaky now. If I get it removed, will I get new permanent teeth?

#

• First of all, you should get a panoramic x-ray done to check whether the permanent teeth buds are present under the milk teeth. If yes, then it has to be verified that whether the teeth are upright or in a position that they will erupt when the obstruction in the form of milk teeth is removed.
  • At times orthodontic treat is also helpful in making teeth to erupt and for future alignment of teeth.
  • So, consult an oral physician and get an x-ray done. Upload it to me so that I can observe it in detail and provide you the line of treatment.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|