Q. Should I get my milk tooth removed and get an implant in its place?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I am 21 year old male. I have a milk tooth. It is the second premolar. The X-ray does not show any signs of a normal tooth under or near it. The doctor said that an implant is necessary. So, is it necessary?

#

• The milk tooth in adults is called as a retained deciduous tooth. You can first go for an extraction of your deciduous (milk tooth).
  • Then you have the options of going for an implant, RPD (removable partial denture) or FPD (fixed partial denture).
  • Considering your age, FPD will be a better option for you if you do not choose implants.
  • The FPD is called as bridge commonly. So, I suggest you go for it. In FPD, the support will be gained from the front and the back teeth.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|