Q. Kindly give your expert advice for my father's eye problem.

Dr. Shikha
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2020

My father, who is 53 years old, has been diabetic for the last 20 years and takes Insulin. His eye problem started before a year. Due to which there is blurred vision and everything he sees seems red. According to physicians, there is a blood clot on the retina and for which they have injected Accentrix. He was advised to follow up after a week. Kindly give your expert advice on the treatment being done.

#

• It does not occur in a day and it is a very long process. First and foremost is to control diabetes.
  • Then, he is receiving injection Accentrix (Ranibizumab), which can only be explained on the basis of examination.
  • He actually needs laser treatment known as PRP (pan-retinal photocoagulation) at this stage. But, that is possible only after this hemorrhage gets resolved, so that the media becomes clear to do the procedure.
  • Keep using drops whatever they have given. Wait for two weeks and then go ahead with laser treatment.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|