Q. Kindly give your expert advice for my father's eye problem.

Dr. Shikha
Published on Oct 14, 2016

My father, who is 53 years old, has been diabetic for the last 20 years and takes Insulin. His eye problem started before a year. Due to which there is blurred vision and everything he sees seems red. According to physicians, there is a blood clot on the retina and for which they have injected Accentrix. He was advised to follow up after a week. Kindly give your expert advice on the treatment being done.

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• It does not occur in a day and it is a very long process. First and foremost is to control diabetes.
  • Then, he is receiving injection Accentrix (Ranibizumab), which can only be explained on the basis of examination.
  • He actually needs laser treatment known as PRP (pan-retinal photocoagulation) at this stage. But, that is possible only after this hemorrhage gets resolved, so that the media becomes clear to do the procedure.
  • Keep using drops whatever they have given. Wait for two weeks and then go ahead with laser treatment.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

What could be the reason for blurred vision following a hit on the eye?

Query: Hi doctor, Two days back, I got a hit in my eye with a ball. Still, it is paining with blurred image. Please help.  Read Full »

I have sudden blurring of vision on one eye. Is it due to retinal detachment?

Query: Hello doctor, My vision was crystal clear this morning. I just woke up from a nap, and the vision in my left eye is blurry. It has not cleared up in the past half an hour. Twice over the years, this has happened, and it normalized over a few hours, but I am in a jungle now. So, I would like to err ...  Read Full »

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article