Retinal Detachment

My eyes are sensitive to light, and I can see floaters. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I have always been a little sensitive to light, maybe because I work a lot in front of a screen. I have seen some eye floaters for a couple of years when looking at something bright-like in snow, white screen, or skies. Two weeks ago, my eyes got very tired after using a smartphone scre...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay U Nayak

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I had taken a look at the image (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) there is nothing to worry about. Floaters are extremely common. Almost everyone at some point in their lives sees it. We only worry when floaters incr...  Read Full »

My eye pressure is 32 mmHg. How to bring it back to the normal range?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 65 years old. I developed partial retinal detachment in the right eye. An urgent surgery was done and a silicone oil has been filled. This happened around two months back. The vision field is restored and the retina is reported to be well attached. But, about two weeks back the pres...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described above that your both eyes got operated for cataract and multifocal intraocular lenses implanted and now you had retinal attachment surgery (most probably pars plana vitrectomy PPV plus silicone oil) about two months back, which is now causing increas...  Read Full »

What are the precautions to be taken for lattice degeneration?

Query: Hi doctor,What are the precautions should be taken in case of lattice degeneration? Also, what is the list of don'ts and do's?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lattice degeneration is a weak or a thin spot in retina. You need to get annual retina checkup and look for floaters or flashes. Contact retina specialist if there is a curtain-like appearance in front of your eyes. Avoid excessive strenuous activity. If a family history ...  Read Full »

How long does it take for uveitis to damage the eyes permanently?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has been diagnosed with posterior idiopathic uveitis, and she also has type 1 diabetes. The diagnosis was made about six weeks ago, and three weeks ago she was put on Prednisone, but I am not sure. Her eyesight was originally blurred around the periphery, which became clear...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Permanent vision damage occurs due to many causes like cystoid macular edema, glaucoma, or neovascularization, leading to retinal detachment. It is tough to comment if any of these will happen to your kid or not. Moreover, it is tough to predict the occurrence of this...  Read Full »

Can increase in number of vitreous floaters in eye cause PVD?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I started seeing vitreous floaters a few weeks back. I noticed it eight months back. But my floaters are getting different. I had a few of them for twenty years. Now I have a few of them on my both eyes. They also come with something called jelly and they are not really notic...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is presence of a jelly-like substance in the eyes called vitreous. As the age progresses, it starts to liquefy and you start seeing floaters. You can also see floaters and flashes when vitreous get detached from the retina. You can consult an opthalmologist immedi...  Read Full »

Can retinal detachment result in large eye floaters and itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a huge floater in my eye for two days. I was taking a shower last night. My eye was itchy, and I rubbed it. It is a holiday here, and my eye doctor is closed. I am worried. Could I possibly have a detached retina? But I do not want to go to the ER if it is unnecessary. The eye doe...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in. Is the floater a single squiggly line, a ring, or a more oversized shape that is black that obstructs your line of vision? Your correct age is not mentioned and whether you had short-sightedness before cataract surgery. You might have developed so...  Read Full »

How can you prevent retinal detachment in high myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old male. I am highly myopic. My left eye is -9.75, and my right eye is around -7.5. I just had an eye examination one month ago, and my eye is in good shape without any degeneration. I am an athlete, and I do a lot of running, weight lifting, and jumping exercises such...  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity). As of now, all seems fine. As far as the risk of detachment is concerned, it does not happen just like that. There will be a retinal hole or tear or a lattice degeneration in myopics before the ri...  Read Full »

I have a low vision in my right eye with number -18. Can it be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I have a low vision in my right eye with number -18. Can it be cured? What are the chances that it will come to my next generation?  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have a high myopic refractive error (minus 18 diopter) in the right eye. I am assuming that the vision in your left eye is normal. If it is not, then please let me know. The right eye is likely to be amblyopic that is it did not receive e...  Read Full »

Why does my diabetic father have blurred vision, and everything he looks seems red?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 53 years old, has been diabetic for the last 20 years and takes Insulin. His eye problem started before a year. Due to which there is blurred vision and everything he sees seems red. According to physicians, there is a blood clot on the retina and for which they have...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has got retinal detachment RD along with hemorrhage. It does not occur in a day and it is a very long process. First and foremost is to control diabetes. Then, he is receiving injection Accentrix (Ranibizumab), which can only be explained on the basis of examinati...  Read Full »

Can I wear my old glasses after my retinal detachment surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I wear my old glasses after my retinal detachent surgery? The surgery was done 10 days back.  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have refractive power of eyes and hence the glass power is likely to change after a RD surgery due to a number of causes. Firstly, the liquid inside your eye is removed (vitrectomy) in retina surgery and replaced by a gas or a silicon oil. All these changes the...  Read Full »