Retinal Detachment

Why do I see spinning wheel or fan type of thing in side vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed that sometimes I can see two or one spinning wheel or fan type thing in my side vision. Suddenly it comes and goes on its own. What can it be? I am scared about retinal detachment. Last I got my retina tested 1.5 years ago and it was fine.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These things are floaters. They happen due to changes in the vitreous which is jelly like thing in front of retina. If you are seeing now and then, just ignore it. If there is an increase in number of floaters and if you start seeing flashes then consult an Ophthalmo...  Read Full »

Why is there a white haze sometimes?

Query: Hello doctor, Sometimes, when I am doing stuff, my vision makes it seem like there is a white haze, like heaven, I guess. Like everything has a white haze light. It is pure not like fog or a dirty color. Sometimes it lasts a few minutes, other times a few seconds. Sometimes I see it, other times we...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a number of causes which could lead to such a problem. In the eyes, macular degeneration can cause problems like a distortion of images, also called metamorphopsia and a drop in vision. Retinal detachment can cause flashes of light which come and go in an i...  Read Full »

Why is there a flash of light when I see side to side?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an odd thing happening in my left eye. I see a flash of light when I look right to left in the left side of my eye. It is a curve from top to bottom. It happens in daylight, nighttime, and even in the dark with my eyes closed. I move my pupil left to right and see a bright arc ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This occurrence of flashes of light can be due to various causes. The first and the most probable cause could be posterior vitreous detachment, this is a benign condition not requiring any treatment. Here, you may experience some floaters but no reduction in vision or ...  Read Full »

Should I stop weight training after laser eye surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been doing weight training for six months but recently my eye specialist told me to not lift heavy weights because I had laser treatment for retinal holes three years ago. So, should I stop weight training completely or should I drop the weights? Currently, I am doing deadlifts a...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no limit of weight lifting as such. But usually heavy weight lifting or strenuous exercise is banned if there are untreated breaks. If breaks are secured with a sufficient laser that usually takes 1 to 2 weeks for maximum effect. But there is always a risk of n...  Read Full »

Can divergent eye squint be treated with surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a complete retinal detachment in my left eye from an early age (11 to 12), went to many places including renowned eye care hospitals but nothing worked. Anyways, after a few days my left eye started to go outward and within a short time went completely outward (divergent squint...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavna

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, as you have mentioned that you have had a total retinal detachment (RD) in your LE during childhood, I would like to emphasize on the fact that RD surgery will not help in improving your vision. The squint you are talking about is an adaptive mechanism of the e...  Read Full »

Can I play football again after retinal tear?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I play football again after retinal tear? It has been seven months after eye laser and I have been great, no more flashing lights for few months and no vision problems.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I, unfortunately, have to say no. The fact that you have had a retinal tear which had to be treated by laser tells me that you are at future risk of another tear. The tear by itself can progress to retinal detachment and can permanently decrease the visual acuity of you...  Read Full »

I have sudden blurring of vision on one eye. Is it due to retinal detachment?

Query: Hello doctor, My vision was crystal clear this morning. I just woke up from a nap, and the vision in my left eye is blurry. It has not cleared up in the past half an hour. Twice over the years, this has happened, and it normalized over a few hours, but I am in a jungle now. So, I would like to err ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you get any surgery done for retinal detachment earlier? It may be a recurrent episode of retinal detachment. If you have diabetes or hypertension that may be a cause of this detachment. It can also happen in vitreous hemorrhage in which you will see a slightly ...  Read Full »

Is it alright to have sex three days after a laser eye surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a pan-retinal photocoagulation laser (PRP laser) in my retina about three or four days ago. Can I have sexual intercourse after this treatment or is it safer to wait?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can involve in sexual activities. This particular laser treatment has no relation with intercourse. I hope this helps. Regards. For further queries consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologis...  Read Full »

I had an eye injury three days ago, but have no vision changes. What should I look out for?

Query: Hello doctor, I was hit by a rock while using a lawn mower. The rock hit my eyelid and thumped my eye pretty hard. I always wear eye protection but had removed them as the sun was going down. I have no vision changes and was actually seen by my optometrist after the incident. My question is, is it...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is normal to feel pain if you have experienced trauma. There are two manifestations of trauma. The early manifestations being usually in the form of a bruise over the skin, subconjunctival hemorrhage, an abrasion over epithelium or frank perforation. Two to t...  Read Full »

Can high eye pressure damage the optic nerve?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 65 years old. I developed partial retinal detachment in the right eye. An urgent surgery was done and a silicone oil has been filled. This happened around two months back. The vision field is restored and the retina is reported to be well attached. But, about two weeks back the pres...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described above that your both eyes got operated for cataract and multifocal intraocular lenses implanted and now you had retinal attachment surgery (most probably pars plana vitrectomy PPV plus silicone oil) about two months back, which is now causing increas...  Read Full »