Q. What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis?

I am diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I have swelling on ankles, elbows and some fingers along with deformity in right wrist. Currently, I am taking ayurvedic medication. I need consultation.

#

If you are diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, have completed your family, and do not want to conceive further, then start DMARDS (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs), Methotrexate 15 mg once a week and Hydroxychloroquine 200 mg morning and evening if you have active arthritis. Start low dose of Methylprednisolone (Sterio 4 mg) once daily and Pantop 40 mg before breakfast. If you want to have kids, then instead of Methotrexate take SAAZ (Sulfasalazine) 500 mg morning and evening. Also, mention your C-reactive protein and ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate)

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

Is Prednisone a safe alternative to DMARDS?

#

Prednisone is not DMARD. It is a steroid. It does not prevent joint deformity. Only Methotrexate does.

|