Q. How do I manage my rheumatoid arthritis until I wait for my specialist?

Dr. Divya Agarwal
Published on Jun 30, 2017

My primary care physician said that I may have RA. My ESR rate was 27, my CRP was 14.1 and my CCP antibody IgG was 500. What does this mean? I have heard a high CCP result could indicate more aggression in my RA, if that is what I have.

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatology
#

• Yes, the chances that you have RA (rheumatoid arthritis) or are developing it, are high. Anti-CCP antibodies are associated with RA and may also indicate an aggressive disease. However, there are various prognostic markers. This is only one of them.
  • A high ESR and CRP, as well as a high number of swollen and tender joints, are the other indicators.
  • However, a good prognosis is associated with an early detection and treatment of this disease. I am sure you will be referred to a rheumatologist, who can start you on the appropriate treatment.

I hope that answers your query. Regards.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

I have an appointment with a rheumatologist late next month. Getting one, out here, is tough. Is there anything I can do in the meantime, to be more comfortable, until I get to see the rheumatologist.

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatology
#

• You can continue with Prednisolone for relief.
  • You can do gentle exercises for your joints.
  • Symptomatic measures like hot fomentation and pain gels can help.
  • Physiotherapy may also help.

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full »

The biopsy of my skin rash showed interface dermatitis with mucin. Do I have lupus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old female, and I have had itchy, red, and burning rashes. It all started as a few bumps on my right arm, above my eyebrow, right upper nose area, all over the jaw and chin area, right chest and upper back react badly to the sun, and it is getting worse. I have had a l...  Read Full »

Ask a Rheumatologist Now