Q. How do I manage my rheumatoid arthritis until I wait for my specialist?

Dr. Divya Agarwal

My primary care physician said that I may have RA. My ESR rate was 27, my CRP was 14.1 and my CCP antibody IgG was 500. What does this mean? I have heard a high CCP result could indicate more aggression in my RA, if that is what I have.

#

• Yes, the chances that you have RA (rheumatoid arthritis) or are developing it, are high. Anti-CCP antibodies are associated with RA and may also indicate an aggressive disease. However, there are various prognostic markers. This is only one of them.
  • A high ESR and CRP, as well as a high number of swollen and tender joints, are the other indicators.
  • However, a good prognosis is associated with an early detection and treatment of this disease. I am sure you will be referred to a rheumatologist, who can start you on the appropriate treatment.

I hope that answers your query. Regards.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

I have an appointment with a rheumatologist late next month. Getting one, out here, is tough. Is there anything I can do in the meantime, to be more comfortable, until I get to see the rheumatologist.

#

• You can continue with Prednisolone for relief.
  • You can do gentle exercises for your joints.
  • Symptomatic measures like hot fomentation and pain gels can help.
  • Physiotherapy may also help.

|