Q. My nose is growing towards the left side. Will rhinoplasty help?

Dr. Sandeep Dawre
Published on Nov 02, 2019

I am a 24-year-male. My nose is growing towards the left side, and I want to know about rhinoplasty.

Dr. Sandeep Dawre

Cosmetology General Surgery Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic
#

You said that your nose is growing towards the left side. For your information nose does not grow after the age of 16 years. If you are right then you need to show your nose to a plastic surgeon to check whether there is any pathology or not which is unlikely.

Nose can be deviated to the right or left side and it can be corrected by rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty corrects your dorsum and deviation of nose. You have to discuss with your plastic surgeon. After surgery there will be swelling which will settle in few weeks.

What are the risks involved in a jaw setback surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 18 year old female. I was 13 years old when I got my braces. My orthodontist made it in such a way that the lower set of teeth were slanting inwards so that my upper row could be in front. I do not have trouble chewing. I want a jaw setback surgery as I find my face structure v...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for DNS?

Query: Hi doctor, I have allergic rhinitis problem for the last two years. I have taken ayurveda and homeopathic treatment. It has improved, but not completely. I have DNS. Do I need surgery?  Read Full »

I am about to undergo revision rhinoplasty. What is the difference between sedation and general anesthesia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a revision rhinoplasty and it is going to be under sedation and local anestheia but I am very scared. I asked the doctor about it since I read that during sedation you are awake but he said under sedation, patients are asleep and they feel nothing. However I never tried it...  Read Full »

Ask a Plastic Surgeon Now