Q. My daughter is diagnosed with deviated nasal septum and sinusitis. What is the treatment?

Dr. Nageswara Rao
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 30, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 05, 2019

My 23 years old daughter has been suffering from a blocked nose for the past three months. She took Sinarest and Cefixime antibiotics tablets, and Nasivion S drops. She has only temporary relief from nose block. So, we took a CT scan of PNS (paranasal sinuses) recently. Clinical findings are deviation of nasal septum and sinusitis.I would like to know the best treatment other than surgery.

#

Deviation of the nasal septum has only surgical treatment. Sinusitis is an infection of sinuses present in our facial bones. Once it occurs, it can be treated with antibiotics decongestants and anti-inflammatory drugs. The blockage of nasal sinus opening is the most common cause of sinusitis. You can try Jal nethi, which is a procedure in yoga under a trained master, which helps in revealing the blockage. Avoid allergens and taking a head bath with cold water. Dry the hair immediately after the head bath. Precautions during winter will help to prevent the infection.

|