Q. I had ringworm, and that area turned black now. What to do?

Dr. Rashmi Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 10, 2021

A few months ago, I had gotten a ringworm on my inner elbow. It stayed there for a few weeks, and it had cleared up. After a few weeks, I noticed a black mark where the ringworm had been. Now, it is like a black stone. I do not know to describe it unless you saw a picture of it. It itches sometimes, and it is like attached to my skin. I have looked online to see if I could find out what it is, but I could not.

#

• It looks like the lesion has lichenified due to scratching. That means that there is some increase in the thickness of the patch. I can see an area of erosion right in the middle.
  • I suggest to apply an antibiotic cream until that central raw area heals up, and then use a combination of a steroid and keratolytic at night anytime after that. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and get a prescription.
  • It is very necessary that you keep following up with a physician when you start applying steroid.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|