Q. Warts in my genitals has become bigger, red and painful. Why?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I have had a clear wart looking things pop up on my genitals for a few years now, never many I just burn them off and all is fine. However, a few months ago, I had three darker color things popped up and I burned one off but it did not heal fully. It actually got bigger and redder and more painful. I have attached a picture. Can you tell me what I am dealing with here, please?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen the picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This does not seem to be herpes genitalis. In case of herpes, you would have got vesicles that would burst to leave erythematous erosions. These can be verruca plana variety of wart.

The second one looks inflamed. Use antibacterial cream for it. Between I hope to burn them of means, getting them treated medically.

| 

One of the doctors here just diagnosed me with genetic melanotic macules. However, there is another issue that I was not able to ask about, please see below. This is the same issue however this growth is just below the others and different looking again. It is more of a skin color raised lump and I have two of them. Can you tell me what this is and how to treat it? Link attached.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen the attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

None of the above pictures suggest any STD. Brown pigmented flat lesion could be melanotic macule. Skin colored raised lesions are not a genital wart. There is erythema is one of the pictures that can be scrotal dermatitis. Mild topical steroid Desowen cream (Desonide 0.05%) can be applied once daily for 10-15 days.

Skin colored papular lesions which you are talking about is normal morphology of genitalia. No treatment is required. If at all there is an increase in the size of lesion nodular kind then it can be a cyst that is treated by cauterization.

| 

Please clarify if dry, cracked hand is a symptom of eczema.

Query: Hi doctor, I have had severely dry, cracked hands for the last six months. Sometimes, I sleep with Aquaphor and gloves on my hands. There have been two occasions where I have noticed one or two tiny bumps or blisters on the side of one of my fingers. It was on a different finger each time and is ...  Read Full »

I got two blisters on my toe after a bee stung me. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I got stung by a bee yesterday morning on my toe. When I woke up this morning, I started feeling itches here and there in my body. I also got two blisters on the top of my toe where the bee had stung.  Read Full »

Commonly Used Electrosurgeries in Various Dermatological Disorders

Article Overview: This article discusses electrosurgery. It is a reliable, inexpensive, and a simple choice for the treatment of various dermatological disorders and cosmetic aberration. Read Article

Electrosurgery is a process of removing skin lesions with the use of electric current. The electric current may be direct or alternating high-frequency current. The electrosurgical unit is the most commonly used equipment in any dermatologist’s clinic. It provides a quick and cost-effective modali...  Read Article