Q. Is dermaroller safe in extremely thin and dark skin?

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

I have applied steroid cream (Betnovate-C) and my skin has become extremely thin and dark now. A dermatologist recommended me to try dermaroller so I want to know is it safe? And will it work? Please explain in detail as nothing has worked for me.

#

Indiscriminate use of topical steroids can cause skin thinning (due to collagen degradation) amongst other side effects like acne, facial hair, etc. Most of these side effects resolve gradually over next few months after stopping the topical steroid cream. This recovery can be aided by certain creams as well as certain procedures like dermaroller that help in collagen regeneration. Dermaroller is safe. The extent of improvement would depend on the extent of initial skin damage and the number of sessions. Moreover, results are individualized.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can you please suggest some cream regarding this?

#

Use Retino A (Tretinoin) 0.025 % cream once every night. Use a sunscreen during the day.

|