Q. Is it advisable to get root canal treatment before extraction of adjacent wisdom tooth?

Dr. Akhil K Padmanabhan
Published on Apr 02, 2019

I have an infection in my root canal and also have wisdom tooth nearby root canal. So first what should I remove? Infection in the root canal or wisdom tooth? Please suggest.

#

From the X-ray, I understand that all your wisdom teeth are indicated for removal as they are erupting in the wrong path. However, I would suggest you get the one which is troubling you extracted first followed by re-root canal treatment for the adjacent tooth. It is better to get the extraction done first followed by the root canal. This sequence may vary from dentist to dentist and also based on patients preferences.

| 

I have pain and bleeding after molar tooth extraction. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Is it normal for a dentist to not prescribe anything for pain after having a broken molar extracted, and three roots pulled out? My tooth was extracted yesterday, still bleeding heavily. I had fever through the day.  Read Full »

My wisdom tooth is coming out and it is a bit painful. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. I have a dental issue. My wisdom tooth is coming out and it is a bit painful. Although the pain has reduced, I guess there is an infection. There is a cyst underneath my jaw.  Read Full »

How can we stop excessive bleeding from tooth extraction site?

Query: Hi doctor, It has been eight hours now. I have extracted three teeth at the same time. There is excessive bleeding from the extracted site. Is this deadly?  Read Full »